April 13, 2010 11:51PM
how to use this and how do you get it?
Re: DOP Mii
April 14, 2010 12:10AM
You read the readme, and you go to the page on the wiki
April 15, 2010 11:19PM
[code.google.com]

As your need to use it may vary there is no certain set of instructions available. It's rather straightforward, but if you need help, just let us know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2010 11:20PM by Arikado.
April 17, 2010 11:22PM
okay thanks so muchh =)
May 11, 2010 11:39AM
I'm always fail to install Bootmii with error message "no known vulnerable...". I have been adviced to upgrade my IOS and starting with IOS 53 and 55 using DOP-Mii with internet connection. I'm not able to find the guide to use DOP-Mii with internet connection, can you help me? I have download DOP-Mii v. 12 and DOP-IOS MOD v.10.1, which of these file should I use? Could you please also guide me to upgrade the others IOS after 53 and 55?
I mean, which IOS should I upgrade one after another? which IOS should not be upgraded?
In the list below, it is said "Found 110 titles". What does it mean? Do I need it?

My current WII firmware is 3.2U, HBC v.1.0.1

The Detail IOS:
sysCheck v1.6.1 by Erik Spyder
Region: NTSC-U
The system menu v289 is running under IOS36 (rev 3094)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 58209729
Boot2 v3
Found 110 titles
Found 25 IOS on this console
No IOS Stub on this console
IOS (revision),IOS Stub,Trucha Bug,ES Identify,Flash Access,NAND Access,Boot2 Access,USB 2.0
IOS4 (rev 3),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Dis abled
IOS9 (rev 7),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Dis abled
IOS11 (rev 7),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Dis abled
IOS12 (rev 7),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Dis abled
IOS13 (rev 7),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Dis abled
IOS14 (rev 7),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Dis abled
IOS15 (rev 266),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabl ed,Disabled
IOS17 (rev 7),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Dis abled
IOS20 (rev 7),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Dis abled
IOS21 (rev 7),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Dis abled
IOS22 (rev 7),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Dis abled
IOS28 (rev 1288),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled, Disabled
IOS30 (rev 1040),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled, Disabled
IOS31 (rev 1040),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled, Disabled
IOS33 (rev 1040),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled, Disabled
IOS34 (rev 1039),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled, Disabled
IOS35 (rev 1040),No,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled, Disabled
IOS36 (rev 3094),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled ,Disabled
IOS37 (rev 2070),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabl ed,Disabled
IOS38 (rev 3609),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabl ed,Disabled
IOS53 (rev 4113),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabl ed,Disabled
IOS55 (rev 4633),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabl ed,Disabled
IOS61 (rev 5405),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disab led,Disabled
IOS249 (rev 17),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,E nabled
IOS250 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disable d,Enabled
Report generated on 2010/05/05
May 11, 2010 04:26PM
Launch DOP-Mii v12, have it run on IOS 249, select IOS, mIOS, BC, and install IOS 30 v1040. Also, install the oldest versions of all other IOSes, but do not install any stubs. The oldest versions of some IOSes, such as IOS 4, are not on Nintendo's servers, so DOP-Mii can't install them. There is no reason to install these IOSes, as they are not necessary.

Alternately, if you want to update, simply select update in the system settings. The Homebrew Channel will be removed by the update, but the Hackmii Installer will work again so you can reinstall it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2010 04:28PM by jbc007.
May 11, 2010 05:45PM
Thank you very much for your guidance. I would like to show you, how I understand your message and please correct me if I'm wrong.
Launch DOP-Mii v.12 means extract the 2 folders (apps & config) into the root of SD Card then use HBC to run it. Right?
Select IOS, mIOS, BC, and install IOS 30 v1040. Do I have to follow as ordered. So, I have to upgrade all IOS first then mIOS, then BC and the last one is IOS 30 v. 1040. I see that IOS 30 v. 1040 is installed already, so it means I have to re-install it.

About the alternate way, what do you mean by "select update in the system setting"? Did you mean that after launching DOP-Mii v.12, then select "system setting" and then select "update"?
May 11, 2010 06:57PM
3241n
Launch DOP-Mii v.12 means extract the 2 folders (apps & config) into the root of SD Card then use HBC to run it. Right?
Correct.

3241n
Select IOS, mIOS, BC, and install IOS 30 v1040. Do I have to follow as ordered. So, I have to upgrade all IOS first then mIOS, then BC and the last one is IOS 30 v. 1040. I see that IOS 30 v. 1040 is installed already, so it means I have to re-install it.

It does not matter what order you install the IOSes in, and you don't need to reinstall BC or mIOS unless you have issues running GC games. All of the necessary IOSes are already installed on your wii; but they seem to be patched (most likely an old version of cIOScrap). There is no reason any of these IOSes should be patched, and the Hackmii Installer will not run on a patched IOS, so you need to reinstall them.

3241n
About the alternate way, what do you mean by "select update in the system setting"? Did you mean that after launching DOP-Mii v.12, then select "system setting" and then select "update"?

This has nothing to do with DOP-Mii or any other homebrew. Simply turn on your wii and go to the settings. Select perform system update, and wait for it to update to 4.2. Then reinstall homebrew. If you don't want to update to 4.2, just reinstall the IOSes with DOP-Mii as I described above.
May 13, 2010 03:15PM
I was trying to update IOS53 based on your guide, but I'm stuck somewhere because I don't know the answer to a question on the screen. Please let me explain what I'm doing:

1. Select HBC
2. Select "DOP-Mii (v.12)"
3. Select "IOS249"
4. Select "IOS, BC, MIOS"
5. Select "IOS53" the version is 5406
6. Press "+" to install
7. "Are you sure you want to install IOS53 (v. 5406), Press A
8. "Apply fakesign (trucha) patch to IOS53?" ==> I stopped here because I don't know the answer.

What is the answer to this question?
After this question, what is the next question and what is the answer?
Does the questions and the answers is applicable to others IOSes?

You said that there was no any reasons of the IOSes should be patched. Could you please explain, how do you know that my IOSes is patched and how to update them without patched?

It's not recommended to update the system menu to 4.2 for it will not be able to softmodding so I plan to update to 4.1 later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2010 07:23AM by 3241n.
May 13, 2010 06:17PM
I recommend you do not patch IOS 53. Patching it won't hurt anything, but there is no need for it to be patched.

The Hackmii Installer needs at least one unpatched IOS to work. Since it complains about not finding a vulnerable IOS, your IOSes are patched. There are several IOSes that it can use, but there are others that it won't. I'm not sure of all the IOSes that it can use, but it often seems to use IOS 34 (although for me it always uses IOS 36 even though I have an unpatched IOS 34).

Since you have system menu 3.2, you should have the oldest versions of most IOSes. These versions do not need to be patched, as they already have the bugs that would be patched into the newer versions. Therefore, as long as you install the oldest versions of all IOSes (but be sure to install IOS 30 v1040) and do not patch any of them, you will not have any issues.

There is little reason to avoid the 4.2 update, as you can do anything on 4.2 you could do on a lower version (though some things may need to be patched, depending on what you would like to do). Still, if you chose to update to 4.1, be sure to do it manually with DOP-Mii (you could install IOS and system menu WADs instead, but it would be more effort). Do not use a "safe" updater, as they are actually one of the most common causes of full bricks.
May 14, 2010 07:22AM
Thank you so much, I can fix my problem of installing Hackmii Installer that always gave me an error message, "no known vulnerable..." because of you. Now, everything is work and I can install Bootmii on Boot2 and also update my HBC. I did what you said, update IOS34 then IOS30 v.1040 both without patched. And I tried to install Hackmii Installer again, it works.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login