Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A bit unsure...

Posted by Mestizo 
A bit unsure...
May 13, 2010 04:49AM
I only use Homebrew Channel to play emulators (I used GeckoOS in the past to play a Wii game with cheats and a custom version of Super Smash Bros Brawl, so those registered in the play log as "Homebrew Channel"). Is there something I should know of beforehand to prevent any problems with my Wii? I also downloaded some games from the Virtual Console, and I don't wanna spend the money to get them back should I be forced to buy a new Wii. For now, I'm only using emulators and not tampering with the IOS's (I installed BootMii as IOS and then uninstalled it, since I heard it was useless, and I won't use cIOS or IOS202 Installer, since I don't have a need for DVD's or DVD-Rs).

Also, my cousin got the new black Wii, but has yet asked me to enable the emulators on it. Is the black Wii able to run the HBC?
Re: A bit unsure...
May 13, 2010 04:56AM
Mestizo
Is there something I should know of beforehand to prevent any problems with my Wii?
Have you tried installing bootmii as boot2?

Mestizo
Also, my cousin got the new black Wii, but has yet asked me to enable the emulators on it. Is the black Wii able to run the HBC?
It should be able to. I don't think there are any differences between it and the previous wii models. However, it will not be able to play DVDs, even if you install DVDx.
May 13, 2010 05:04AM
I got my Wii in December 2009, so boot2 wasn't an option (it came with 4.0U). And I'm sure my cousin wants the HBC for the same reason I have mine; the emulators, although all he wants to play is Super Mario Bros 3 and Sonic 2, so nothing's stopping him from getting them on the VC (except my aunt has no idea what her WEP key is, so I need to tamper with that).

Anyway, should I be safe now and in the possible future of bricking, except in the normal upgrade power outage, if I stick to the emulators and maybe some homebrew games, like that Mahjong game?
May 13, 2010 07:26AM
Pretty much. Anything on the Homebrew Browser should be fine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login