Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Super Mario Galaxy 2 can't load!

Posted by nabeshin216 
Super Mario Galaxy 2 can't load!
May 26, 2010 08:46AM
So I just got the game, popped it in, and got a green screen of death.
My Wii is version 4.2J (Japanese console) and the game was bought here in the US. I used GeckOS to load it, and the screen just goes green and stays frozen that way. I've played all my other games just fine using GeckOS, but Galaxy 2 doesn't seem to work.
Any suggestions???
Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2 can't load!
May 26, 2010 12:32PM
What settings are you using?
May 26, 2010 05:02PM
try TinyLoad, it may have better results...
May 26, 2010 09:33PM
WikiFSX
What settings are you using?

I haven't changed any of the settings. (At work now, so I can't check) I'm pretty sure everything is either "no" or "default."
May 27, 2010 04:42AM
SifJar
try TinyLoad, it may have better results...

Tried TinyLoad. The white bar at the bottom of the screen loaded all the way, then the screen went green and froze like it does with GeckOS.......
May 27, 2010 01:25PM
Do you get an error message, like Error 002 or anything?
May 27, 2010 04:36PM
You could try reinstalling the latest version of IOS 56 without patches. You can either download an IOS 56 WAD with NUS Downloader and install it with WAD Import, or simply install it with DOP-Mii. Using DOP-Mii may be easier, but if you don't already have a trucha bugged IOS, you will have to patch one before it will work.

Also, what version of Gecko OS are you using?
May 27, 2010 07:14PM
SifJar
Do you get an error message, like Error 002 or anything?

I didn't get that through GeckOS or TinyLoad, but I did get #002 when I tried to load it using other apps.
May 27, 2010 07:17PM
jbc007
You could try reinstalling the latest version of IOS 56 without patches. You can either download an IOS 56 WAD with NUS Downloader and install it with WAD Import, or simply install it with DOP-Mii. Using DOP-Mii may be easier, but if you don't already have a trucha bugged IOS, you will have to patch one before it will work.

Also, what version of Gecko OS are you using?

I might give that a try. I'm using the latest version of Gecko OS (1.9?). I borrowed my brother's Wii (4.2U) and it works just fine.
May 27, 2010 07:27PM
Hmm, it could be detecting somehow if its run through a loader...If you can, patch ES_Identify and Trucha bug into IOS36 (use Trucha Bug Restorer or dop-Mii) and try Gecko OS's "Rebooter" option, which will allow you to load the System Menu with Region Free.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login