Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is the proper way to play a DvD on a Wii?

Posted by keybounce 
Re: What is the proper way to play a DvD on a Wii?
June 11, 2010 03:48AM
Arikado
agoaj
So why are applications dropping support for DVDx?
They are? I was under the impression the WiiMC and other DVD players supported DVDX, DISC (updated version of DVDX), and IOS202. Every developer knows not to force people to choose.

Tantric's emulators definitely do not support DVDx anymore.

DVD / USB 2.0 support via IOS 202. DVDx support has been dropped. It is highly recommended to install IOS 202 via the included installer

The WiiMC page states that it requires cIOS 202 for DVD playback. DVDx is not mentioned at all.

DVD playback, with DVD menu support (requires IOS 202 and old Wii, newer Wiis have incompatible drives)
June 11, 2010 04:05AM
Thanks, I didn't know that. I really don't see anything justifying the decision. I think Tantric and I will be having a conversation about this in the very near future.
June 11, 2010 05:03PM
I'd say its because IOS202 has USB support as well, which DVDx can't give, and I think IOS202 uses a base IOS with better WiFi stability than IOS36 which it would probably be using if it didn't reload to 202.
June 13, 2010 01:08AM
WikiFSX
The IOS needs to have fakesigning support, or else the installation will fail.

I'll try the installer myself and see how it goes.
Ok, were you able to get it to work?

(Again: Mine came with Boot2v4. I think that was the restrictive set.)
June 13, 2010 10:30AM
boot2v4 means nothing when it comes to installing the cios, or indeed anything else. its the hardware not software that caused issues with old ios etc. but even so, it doesn't cause issues with this cios.
June 14, 2010 05:12PM
DVD playback is working in WiiMC. I tried it with Kangaroo Jack and the menu showed up. I hit play and it started playing. When I first tried it, the audio was slow, so I pressed down on the D-Pad to change audio and it worked. But then the audio becomes un-synced with the video. I try to go back to the beginning but can't go all the way back because if I do it puts it where it was before I tried to rewind it. I can put it almost to the beginning but it starts to lag after a couple seconds.

Anybody have a solution to this?
June 14, 2010 11:01PM
keybounce
WikiFSX
The IOS needs to have fakesigning support, or else the installation will fail.

I'll try the installer myself and see how it goes.
Ok, were you able to get it to work?

(Again: Mine came with Boot2v4. I think that was the restrictive set.)

I wasn't able to get it to work. Oddly enough, it seems that it occurred because the update server is either down or nonexistent. NUS Downloader was also unable to do anything.
June 17, 2010 10:25PM
Alright, I found some information at [sites.google.com]

What I did: After installing a patched 15, and using that to patch 36, I ran Dop-Mii. I used Dop-mii to remove any stubs, and patch almost all other stubs (that could be patched, anyways) with the patches. Any stub that could be replaced with a non-stub from NUS was (this to avoid the risk of a system menu/stub ios combo). I left IOS 50 and 60 unchanged (stock NUS unpatched). All "high" (200+) IOS's were just removed.

Ios 202 installed without any problem after that.
June 17, 2010 10:50PM
There's no need to replace a stub if it isn't a system menu IOS or if you aren't into warez. Even though there was no problem in doing this, it is pretty pointless, since stubbed IOSes aren't going to be used, and most apps can do fine with a patched IOS 36 (except HBC that suits itself finer with an unpatched IOS61).

If stub is somehow related with your problem, it should be because there was one in slot 202. This could be made clearer by using sysCheck to see details about your IOSes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login