Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If I try to use AnyRegion Changer 1.1 to downgrade to 3.2E on my wii running 4.2E, will it be bricked?!?

Posted by jackos2500 
If I try to use AnyRegion Changer 1.1 to downgrade my wii to 3.2E on my wii running 4.2E will it be bricked?!?!? Plz help! :/ Thx! ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2010 09:01AM by jackos2500.
Why do you want to downgrade?
Downgrading is a bad idea, as there is no real benefit to a lower system menu and there is a significant brick risk if you do not know what you are doing. Still, in answer to the original question, if you have an "LU64+" wii (I don't know what serial number that corresponds to for PAL wiis) your wii will brick if you downgrade below 3.4. If your wii is older than that, the downgrade will work, but if you don't delete IOS 50 and IOS 60 after downgrading, your wii will fully brick if you ever update from a game with 3.4, 4.0, or 4.1.

Just don't downgrade. Nothing good can come of it, but under the circumstances I mentioned above, it could fully brick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2010 04:17PM by jbc007.
bg4545
Why do you want to downgrade?
I wanted to be able to place BootMii before the system menu in case anything else dangerous bricked my wii. But I probably won't be doing anything else dangerous. So I suppose I was being kind of stupid. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2010 04:56PM by jackos2500.
jbc007
Downgrading is a bad idea, as there is no real benefit to a lower system menu and there is a significant brick risk if you do not know what you are doing. Still, in answer to the original question, if you have an "LU64+" wii (I don't know what serial number that corresponds to for PAL wiis) your wii will brick if you downgrade below 3.4. If your wii is older than that, the downgrade will work, but if you don't delete IOS 50 and IOS 60 after downgrading, your wii will fully brick if you ever update from a game with 3.4, 4.0, or 4.1.

Just don't downgrade. Nothing good can come of it, but under the circumstances I mentioned above, it could fully brick.
Thanks for the advice! :) I'll stick to not downgrading.
If you can't install Bootmii/boot2 on your wii, there is nothing you can do to make it possible.
jbc007
If you can't install Bootmii/boot2 on your wii, there is nothing you can do to make it possible.
Never knew that! Thanks a bunch! :-)
Yeah, BootMii can or can't be installed regardless of the System Menu
Ah well. :]
System Menu 3.2 Requires IOS30. the old IOS can't works for your new type Wii. it will brick if you installed the old IOS.
I think the cIOS30 of Dackcorp works for your Wii. but anyway your Wii can't install Bootmii as boot2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login