Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't use SD card slot, need USB alternatives

Posted by Gunstar_Hero 
Can't use SD card slot, need USB alternatives
June 20, 2010 03:20AM
Simply put, I can't use the SD card slot anymore. It's dead. I know most apps support usb, but I need a solution for backups and restoring (Bootmii for usb kinda stuff) and theme installers supporting usb, and anything else you recommend. Thanks.
Re: Can't use SD card slot, need USB alternatives
June 20, 2010 05:11AM
Are you sure its not just the SD card itself; not the slot?
June 20, 2010 05:57PM
WaxyPumpkin72
this was discused here

For apps, usb support has to be built in by the developer. It isn't hard, I think it's just a matter of changing the words sd: to usb:.
As for bootmii, usb support is a little harder. Because there isn't an IOS running there isn't native usb support. There would have to be it's own driver, which can be hard to make.
I hope that answered your question
June 20, 2010 08:42PM
Apparently MINI (upon which BootMii runs) cannot access USB for some reason, its listed as a limitation of MINI on its WiiBrew page.
June 21, 2010 03:53AM
That's odd. If MINI is like IOS then it should have access to the same devices. It's not like there is some software in place blocking access, but a USB driver isn't neccesarily an easy thing to write.
June 21, 2010 11:22AM
g_man
That's odd. If MINI is like IOS then it should have access to the same devices. It's not like there is some software in place blocking access, but a USB driver isn't neccesarily an easy thing to write.
MINI = Mini Is Not Ios
June 21, 2010 03:56PM
g_man
WaxyPumpkin72
this was discused here

For apps, usb support has to be built in by the developer. It isn't hard, I think it's just a matter of changing the words sd: to usb:.
Most apps use the default device by opening files like "/path/to/file". The default device is the SD card when inserted, and the USB device when there's no SD inserted, when the USB device is connected. Apps that use the "sd:" device only won't work unless modified to use "usb:".
June 22, 2010 12:57PM
SifJar
Apparently MINI (upon which BootMii runs) cannot access USB for some reason, its listed as a limitation of MINI on its WiiBrew page.
It's not a limitation of MINI, its a limitation of the Wii hardware. At the stage of booting process which MINI is run you can't access USB, wifi, or other features of the Wii. Period.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login