Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Update 4.3

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Wii Update 4.3
June 23, 2010 07:54PM
I'm not even gonna think about installing 4.3 until: 1. Dop-Mii comes out with a safe way to update [which I now know is coming soon :) ] 2. another great HackMii Installer is made 3. a priiloader update with IOS 80 support 4. damysteryman makes another awesome release

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2010 08:01PM by SolidMario7.
June 23, 2010 08:40PM
Arikado
Bannerbomb and the Twilight Hack are not coming back.

If there's gonna be a new HackMii, then why not a new Bannerbomb? Right now, all we have is Smash Stack and Indiana Pwns, and I can't afford Brawl and can't find Lego Indiana Jones.
June 23, 2010 08:46PM
Mestizo
Arikado
If there's gonna be a new HackMii, then why not a new Bannerbomb? Right now, all we have is Smash Stack and Indiana Pwns, and I can't afford Brawl and can't find Lego Indiana Jones.
Because... they just told you not to ask. Anyhow, the exploit used by bannerbomb is fixed, as to expect. So no way they can make it work again.

And if you have a wii and cannot affort Brawl then you miss out on a lot...
June 23, 2010 09:15PM
Mestizo
Arikado

You can't possibly serious, are you?

First off, I'll have you know that the HackMii Installer is developed by Team Twiizers whereas Bannerbomb is developed by comex (who is not part of Team Twiizers). Secondly, I'll have you know that the HackMii installer only needs an IOS exploit (bug) to work. There are tons of them in IOS. Bannerbomb used a system menu exploit. To the best of anyone's knowledge, only one existed and Nintendo has fixed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2010 09:15PM by Arikado.
June 23, 2010 11:13PM
So, is there any chance of installing Homebrew Channel on 4.3?
June 23, 2010 11:21PM
Mestizo
So, is there any chance of installing Homebrew Channel on 4.3?

Of course. That has been said dozens of time in this thread. Just wait till HackMii Installer updates to use new IOS exploits in the new IOS with different title IDs for HBC and DVDx. It'll just need to be run by Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack.
June 24, 2010 02:55AM
If a game uses an IOS that can be exploited by the HackMii installer shouldn't there be an easy way to run the HackMii installer using that game?
June 24, 2010 03:53AM
MWisBest
If a game uses an IOS that can be exploited by the HackMii installer shouldn't there be an easy way to run the HackMii installer using that game?

First of all, a homebrew application can never be run using a game. Furthermore, any application can reload to any installed IOS it likes; this has absolutely nothing to do with what games use said IOS. Finally, the exploits used by the current Hackmii Installer have been fixed in all IOSes, so using another IOS would make no difference.
June 24, 2010 05:26AM

"Relax, guy!"

Less begging; more patience. :)

Seriously, though: thanks to all the hard-hacking folks who figure this stuff out and share it with the rest of us so we can all do crazy crap like watch DVDs and run unsupported software on our Wiis! We didn't have these options back in the day. I would have wet myself.

Sure, I'd like to finish playing Seiken Densetsu 3 this weekend, but it'll be worth the wait (and teach me a lesson.) In the mean time I can catch up on some reading.

Also, I just finished the video of the talk the Twiizers guys did at 25C3. I'm a little late to the party, of course, but if anyone else hasn't seen it they should really check it out. Fascinating stuff!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2010 06:25AM by toromei.
June 24, 2010 08:44PM
Mestizo
I can't afford Brawl and can't find Lego Indiana Jones.

Quit whining dude, you can pick up a new copy of LEGO Indy at your local Wal-Mart for just $20 or find a used copy on amazon.com for just $10 (plus s&h). I remember when the last nintendo update came out and I had to update because there was a game that I wanted to play on the WiiShop channel, so I updated to get my game and just used IndyPWNs and the Homebrew Launcher to play homebrew for a while...sure it was a bit of a pain in the ass, but it was less than a week before TeamTwiizers released the BannerBomb version of the HackMii Installer anyway. The point is just be patient and do what you have to, you ought to be grateful for the wonderful work that these guys do for our convenience and not take such conveniences for granted.

Johnny

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2010 02:07AM by JProctor666.
June 24, 2010 09:10PM
Shyllow
Okay.. so I have a problem and I am wondering what if anything I can do about it.

The bf updated the Wii last night and I have lost the Homebrew channel.. is there a way to A) undo the update to get the channel back? or B) something I can do to re-install the homebrew channel?

Please let me know.. I am stressing out over this and really mad at the bf.. :(

You should find a new bf, lol! Seriously, I wouldn't even consider dating someone who doesn't have basic knowledge of the scene and the common sense to be wary of Nintendo firmware updates (especially when it specifically mentions that it'll erase all unauthorized software installed). Then again that's probably why I'm still single, but I'm cool with that...I definitely prefer it over being with someone who doesn't share my interests. So at the very least you ought to get him interested in the things that you're interested in...pick up the whip and start training him *crack*, lol!

Johnny

P.S.: You need a Keith Apicary kind of guy...or maybe not, that's just a little TOO nerdy. lol!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2010 02:05AM by JProctor666.
June 24, 2010 09:55PM
JProctor666
Quit whining dude, you can pick up a new copy of LEGO Indy at your local Wal-Mart for just $20 or find a used copy on amazon.com for just $10 (plus s&h).

Thanks for the advice. I walked over to Walmart and grabed one. It wasn't displayed, just stacked at the bottom of the case (they had 5 copies).

Interesting gamestop wants $22 for it *used*. I used to buy from gamstop years ago, but now most new games can be found on amazon cheaper than they can be found used at gamstop, and honestly it's better to but it new and give money to the publisher.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2010 09:55PM by brian.
June 24, 2010 09:58PM
brian
JProctor666
Quit whining dude, you can pick up a new copy of LEGO Indy at your local Wal-Mart for just $20 or find a used copy on amazon.com for just $10 (plus s&h).

Thanks for the advice. I walked over to Walmart and grabed one. It wasn't displayed, just stacked at the bottom of the case (they had 5 copies).

Interesting gamestop wants $22 for it *used*. I used to buy from gamstop years ago, but now most new games can be found on amazon cheaper than they can be found used at gamstop, and honestly it's better to but it new and give money to the publisher.

If you can get it for $20 or less, that sounds like a good profit. Although, they might raise their eyebrows at how many copies of the same game you're selling.
June 24, 2010 10:56PM
JProctor666
You should find a new bf, lol! Seriously, I wouldn't even consider dating someone who doesn't have basic knowledge of the scene and the common sense to be wary of Nintendo firmware updates (especially when it specifically mentions that it'll erase all unauthorized software installed). Then again that's probably why I'm still single, but I'm cool with that...I definitely prefer it over being with someone who doesn't share my interests. So at the very least you ought to get him interested in the things that you're interested in...pick up the whip and start training him , lol!

Nice. :p

JProctor666
I remember when the last nintendo update came out and I had to update because there was a game that I wanted to play on the WiiShop channel, so I updated to get my game and just used IndyPWNs and the Homebrew Loader to play homebrew for a while...sure it was a bit of a pain in the ass, but it was less than a week before TeamTwiizers released the BannerBomb version of the HackMii Installer anyway. The point is just be patient and do what you have to, you ought to be grateful for the wonderful work that these guys do for our convenience and not take such conveniences for granted.

Indeed. So is it possible to load SNES9xGX using the Indiana Pwns exploit in 4.3? I could absolutely live with that. If so, I'll go grab the game right now! They might sell a lot of those this week. ;)
June 24, 2010 11:07PM
Mestizo
brian

If you can get it for $20 or less, that sounds like a good profit. Although, they might raise their eyebrows at how many copies of the same game you're selling.

Uhh....gamestop won't pay you jack for *your* copy, they're just turning it around for their own huge profit.
June 24, 2010 11:59PM
toromei
JProctor666
I remember when the last nintendo update came out and I had to update because there was a game that I wanted to play on the WiiShop channel, so I updated to get my game and just used IndyPWNs and the Homebrew Loader to play homebrew for a while...sure it was a bit of a pain in the ass, but it was less than a week before TeamTwiizers released the BannerBomb version of the HackMii Installer anyway. The point is just be patient and do what you have to, you ought to be grateful for the wonderful work that these guys do for our convenience and not take such conveniences for granted.

Indeed. So is it possible to load SNES9xGX using the Indiana Pwns exploit in 4.3? I could absolutely live with that. If so, I'll go grab the game right now! They might sell a lot of those this week. ;)
Yes, that'll work fine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2010 02:51AM by Arikado.
June 25, 2010 02:42AM
jbc007
MWisBest

First of all, a homebrew application can never be run using a game. Furthermore, any application can reload to any installed IOS it likes; this has absolutely nothing to do with what games use said IOS. Finally, the exploits used by the current Hackmii Installer have been fixed in all IOSes, so using another IOS would make no difference.

Sorry, I was referring to a NEW HackMii installer. I know that the old one won't work.
June 25, 2010 01:43PM
MWisBest
jbc007
MWisBest

Sorry, I was referring to a NEW HackMii installer. I know that the old one won't work.

He knows exactly what you were referring to and what he said stands.

It doesn't matter what IOS a game uses, that has no effect on being able to run homebrew (e.g. HackMii Installer) via an exploit in the game. It still needs to have a bug, regardless of the IOS. And the IOS its running on doesn't need to be the one with an exploit, HackMii Installer can switch to any IOS and use an exploit in it.

There are already two exploits for running homebrew (Indiana Pwns and Smash Stack), all that is needed is a new HackMii Installer. This may take slightly longer than previous releases, as TT are working harder to obfuscate their code (basically make it harder to reverse engineer) so Nintendo won't be able to work out the IOS exploits used easily, and therefore won't be able to fix them easily.
June 28, 2010 09:59AM
there is something yall might be interested in if you have riivolution! I loaded riivolution channel and i got this message ios37 needed to be downgraded to continue.I pushed A and initialized network mounted sd card/usb then it installs *this is the bad part it says failed to download press home to exit im just wondering if something can be done?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2010 10:06AM by slover2013.
June 28, 2010 01:48PM
slover2013
there is something yall might be interested in if you have riivolution! I loaded riivolution channel and i got this message ios37 needed to be downgraded to continue.I pushed A and initialized network mounted sd card/usb then it installs *this is the bad part it says failed to download press home to exit im just wondering if something can be done?

It said it need to be downgraded? That is ridiculous, as it works with the latest IOS37 and the devs behind Riivolution are smart enough to know never to downgrade an IOS. Make sure you're using v1.03 and the latest IOS37.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login