Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Update 4.3

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Wii Update 4.3
July 11, 2010 02:24AM
Not unless it is the NTSC-U version of the game and you are using on an NTSC-U wii.
July 11, 2010 04:36AM
what about if i get lego indian jones? will it work then if i have a PAL Wii?
July 11, 2010 05:00AM
yes, it will
July 11, 2010 07:59AM
Do Smash Stack and Indiana Pwns not work with SDHC?
Glad I didn't update then.
July 11, 2010 08:44AM
Elija2
Do Smash Stack and Indiana Pwns not work with SDHC?
Glad I didn't update then.

Smash Stack absolutely requires a 2GB SD card. Anything higher than that or SDHC will not work. This was before Nintendo made SDHC the standard, and Smash Bros Brawl was made without it in thought, so the game will NOT read SDHC cards.
July 15, 2010 12:39AM
Hi

SifJar
jbc007
Dragon
i dont want to be impatient, but can we have a timeframe in which we can expect homebrew to be up and running on 4.3?

If you want to install homebrew on 4.3 right now, do this. It actually isn't dangerous, and it really does work.

May be even easier now that dop-Mii has been updated and can do the TBR stuff automatically. It should be a case of

"Run dop-Mii 12.1 beta 1 and Select "Install IOS36 w/ Fakesigning" and then follow the guide from "install Priiloader"."

Also, I dunno if HackMii Installer will work with downgraded IOS60, if not, downgrade IOS34 to its most recent revision prior to the 4.3 update.

This ought to work, but it seems the current beta of dop-Mii crashes because it is trying to load IOS70 which is a stub on 4.3. I think a new beta release is awaited to fix this. In the meantime I've successfully got Priiloader installed with the hacks, but without dop-Mii is there a safe way to downgrade IOS60 / IOS34? I presume HBC won't install without either of these at the correct version.

Thanks

JAmes
July 15, 2010 01:12AM
i updated to so is this why when i tried 2 install again it said system files are corrupted? i jst wanna kno so i can be sure..
July 15, 2010 04:34AM
Ok seriously is WiiSCU safe to use or not because it sounds like it's not even worth the risk at all. I really want to use the shop channel but I have like literally over 1000 games for my various emulators and i'd be pissed if I lost my most wonderful HBC. I'd be even more pissed if my wii got bricked so seriously is it safe to use or not? I would appreciate a strait up blunt answer not some cryptic coder mumbo jumbo a simple yes or no will suffice. Thank You.
July 15, 2010 05:04AM
Unless you screw up, WiiSCU is pretty safe. Just install the latest IOS61 and Shop Channel, then quit. Don't do anything else. If for some reason you dislike WiiSCU, you can also use Dop-Mii to do the trick.
July 15, 2010 06:04AM
RV2010
i updated to so is this why when i tried 2 install again it said system files are corrupted? i jst wanna kno so i can be sure..
Yes, you get the System files are corrupted message if you try to use Bannerbomb on a 4.3 System Menu.
July 15, 2010 07:48AM
Does Team Twiizers have a homepage or something? I have run some google searches on them, but all it turns up are the wiibrew forums and a bunch of articles. I just wanted to know if there is any kind of a status update on the new installer?
July 15, 2010 08:17AM
That link in the top corner of these forums goes to the HackMii Blog.
July 16, 2010 12:43AM
@Aobx
I appreciate the answer but, what do you mean by "Screw Up"? You mean screw up pressing the A button?! How can one "screw up"? Please elaborate. Thank You.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2010 12:44AM by personafan87.
July 16, 2010 06:42PM
personafan87
@Aobx
I appreciate the answer but, what do you mean by "Screw Up"? You mean screw up pressing the A button?! How can one "screw up"? Please elaborate. Thank You.

By "screw up" I meant "do something else than you're supposed to do". Since you're not confortable doing this, just don't mess with anything other than updating IOS61 and Shop Channel to its latest realease. Also, follow accurately the instructions onscreen, when running WiiSCU/Dop-Mii. Take your time and everything will go fine.
July 18, 2010 10:39PM
lucky for me I backed up all of my apps onto my computer so when the homebrew channel is finally updated I can just copy it all onto my SD card.

I'm a newbie the way.
July 19, 2010 01:14AM
wii 4.3e homebrew browser works via wiiexplorer using sd card!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2010 01:28AM by foxy69.
July 19, 2010 10:24AM
foxy69

how?
July 19, 2010 01:31PM
SifJar
jbc007
Dragon
i dont want to be impatient, but can we have a timeframe in which we can expect homebrew to be up and running on 4.3?

If you want to install homebrew on 4.3 right now, do this. It actually isn't dangerous, and it really does work.

May be even easier now that dop-Mii has been updated and can do the TBR stuff automatically. It should be a case of

"Run dop-Mii 12.1 beta 1 and Select "Install IOS36 w/ Fakesigning" and then follow the guide from "install Priiloader"."

Also, I dunno if HackMii Installer will work with downgraded IOS60, if not, downgrade IOS34 to its most recent revision prior to the 4.3 update.

Finally, it is slightly dangerous as it involves NAND modification, but provided power isn't lost during priiloader installation, other stuff that could go wrong should be fixable.

Just to update this a bit with my own experiences.

The guide suggested above does work fine, except that there is a problem using the current dop-Mii beta if you have upgraded to System Menu 4.3. It searches for IOS above 70 but this causes a crash because IOS 70 is now a stub. The dop-Mii developers are aware of this and it should be taken care of in the next beta / release. I got around the problem by recompiling dop-Mii with a slight change to stop it from trying to load IOS70 and it worked well. I downgraded IOS34 and then successfully installed HBC (after doing Priiloader etc).

Although I'm quite new to this and it did take a long time (I was using Indiana Pwns, and I had quite a lot of trouble using LoadMii as it kept crashing) I'm pleased with the results. It does also mean that I've learned a lot which is always good.

James
July 19, 2010 07:48PM
Dragon
foxy69

how?

Dragon: What do you mean "how"? You can load WiiXplorer and use it to load HBB and it works.

foxy69: No surprise there, there is absolutely no reason for it NOT to work. Would also work loaded via LoadMii.
July 19, 2010 08:06PM
[bunch of fail removed]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2010 09:01PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login