Re: Wii Update 4.3
June 30, 2010 02:30PM
yes sifjar i will post one when i have time.
June 30, 2010 03:02PM
Thanks for the update
June 30, 2010 09:11PM
What's taking Team Twiizers so long updating The Homebrew Channel?
June 30, 2010 09:19PM
wildgoosespeeder

SifJar
This [The HackMii Installer] may take slightly longer than previous releases, as TT are working harder to obfuscate their code (basically make it harder to reverse engineer) so Nintendo won't be able to work out the IOS exploits used easily, and therefore won't be able to fix them easily.
June 30, 2010 09:26PM
Oh, that's what I thought...just checking because I really don't want to install work-arounds to get to the Wii Shop Channel on v4.2.
June 30, 2010 09:48PM
wildgoosespeeder
Oh, that's what I thought...just checking because I really don't want to install work-arounds to get to the Wii Shop Channel on v4.2.

Uh, why not? They're as safe as an official update (in fact, more so, as less stuff is updated, so less can go wrong).
June 30, 2010 09:50PM
Mestizo
SifJar
There is a sort of workaround available now. You can use TBR on 4.3 now. You need to install the oldest revision of IOS41, and use it to downgrade IOS15, then do the rest as normal. That'll allow you to install a LoadMii or Wii Homebrew Launcher custom channel on a "virgin" 4.3 Wii. Or you could downgrade IOS60 and patch SM and HackMii Installer might work.

Think you guys could post a guide? I doubt we can still use Dop-Mii using Smash Stack on a 4.3. WHL channel might be a good thing to have, if it can bypass Error 004.

Error 004 has NOTHING to do with any sort of (working) channel. It just blocks bannerbomb, and may occur in banner bricks.

Anyway, there really isn't anything to "guide":

Install IOS41, run TBR and choose to run on IOS41, downgrade IOS15, patch IOS36 using IOS15, upgrade IOS15 with IOS36.
June 30, 2010 10:34PM
wildgoosespeeder

They probably have jobs and lives. Don't be so impatient. ;)
July 01, 2010 02:41AM
toromei
wildgoosespeeder

Well the last time I was out with The Homebrew Channel when I went from 4.1 to 4.2, they had it updated within two days so I was expecting an update just as soon as that for the 4.2 to 4.3. :P
July 01, 2010 03:21AM
wildgoosespeeder
toromei
wildgoosespeeder

Well the last time I was out with The Homebrew Channel when I went from 4.1 to 4.2, they had it updated within two days so I was expecting an update just as soon as that for the 4.2 to 4.3. :P

They're planning ahead with it this time. Not only are they trying to crack the security system Nintendo created, but they're also trying to find a way for Nintendo to have a harder time to disable the ability to run homebrew. This may take several days, weeks, or months. In the mean time, if you wanna stay with your homebrew, just stick with 4.2. There's absolutely no reason to update.
July 01, 2010 07:38AM
SolidMario7
3. a priiloader update with IOS 80 support
about that...

eventho i said on the google code page that updating is a bad idea; i didn't say it doesn't support 4.3

it can work with system menu 4.3 just fine (in theory. mind you i was running sneek which changes alot).

i just dont support 4.3 officially yet cause its not 100% tested and could do anything for all we know

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2010 09:19PM by dacotaco.
July 01, 2010 11:17AM
dacotaco
SolidMario7
about that...

eventho i said on the google code page that updating is a bad idea; i didn't say it doesn't support 4.3

it can work with system menu 4.3 just fine (in theory. mind you i was running sneek which changes alot).

i just dont support 4.3 officially yet :)

I tried the [fail -- SifJar] and priiloader seems to work on functions I have checked.
I ported some hacks to 514, but then damysteryman ported all 4.3, so I used his for testing.

magic word also works on this system.

I use boot2 to revert back to my faithful 4.1, its nice to know your great code works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2010 12:00PM by SifJar.
July 01, 2010 06:59PM
WiiJohn
its nice to know your great code works.
that is cause 90% of the time i try to use the same ios calls as system menu itself.
July 01, 2010 11:15PM
Mestizo
They're planning ahead with it this time. Not only are they trying to crack the security system Nintendo created, but they're also trying to find a way for Nintendo to have a harder time to disable the ability to run homebrew. This may take several days, weeks, or months. In the mean time, if you wanna stay with your homebrew, just stick with 4.2. There's absolutely no reason to update.

Well the way I would do this is quickly update The Homebrew Channel so people can use it with System Menu 4.3 then worry about making it tougher for Nintendo to stop Homebrew from happening with another update (if that is at all possible of course). Well since that isn't happening, I have no choice but to wait.
July 01, 2010 11:17PM
wildgoosespeeder
Mestizo

Well the way I would do this is quickly update The Homebrew Channel so people can use it with System Menu 4.3 then worry about making it tougher for Nintendo to stop Homebrew from happening with another update (if that is at all possible of course). Well since that isn't happening, I have no choice but to wait.

That makes no sense. If they released a quickie HackMii Installer update, the exploits used would be easily found by Ninty, regardless of whether a newer HackMii Installer is made later with the exploits better hidden. Ninty would just reverse engineer the old installer.
July 02, 2010 12:27AM
wildgoosespeeder
Mestizo

That's exactly what happened with the homebrew community on PSPs and Sony. Literally a week after they made a custom firmware, Sony released a new firmware to replace the old one. If we just update the Homebrew Channel, Nintendo will just push out more pointless firmwares for the sole purpose of taking us down. Team Twiizers are making sure something like that would be harder for Nintendo to counter.
July 02, 2010 07:10PM
WiiJohn
dacotaco
SolidMario7
about that...

i just dont support 4.3 officially yet :)

I tried the [fail -- SifJar] and priiloader seems to work on functions I have checked.
I ported some hacks to 514, but then damysteryman ported all 4.3, so I used his for testing.

magic word also works on this system.

I use boot2 to revert back to my faithful 4.1, its nice to know your great code works.

@dacotaco: I've heard it works, but what i'm thinking is will priiloader put itself on IOS80? Or is it still on IOS70 and works? It makes a differents it'll be nice to know. :)
@Wii John: Thanks for the info.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2010 07:20PM by SolidMario7.
July 02, 2010 09:03PM
SolidMario7
@dacotaco: I've heard it works, but what i'm thinking is will priiloader put itself on IOS80? Or is it still on IOS70 and works? It makes a differents it'll be nice to know. :)
i think ppl fail to understand that , unlike preloader , priiloader does not need any patches in the system menu ios and therefor just works on almost all ios versions to date...

and priiloader/preloader DOES NOT PLACE ITSELF IN A IOS DAMNIT
July 02, 2010 09:46PM
dacotaco
SolidMario7
i think ppl fail to understand that , unlike preloader , priiloader does not need any patches in the system menu ios and therefor just works on almost all ios versions to date...

Be calm dude... "priiloader puts itself on IOS 80" means "priiloader running on top of ios 80", you know apps can change the ios they want to be on top of...

Fact that you can code doesn't mean you can insult people here and there.
July 02, 2010 10:04PM
I.R.on
dacotaco
SolidMario7

Be calm dude... "priiloader puts itself on IOS 80" means "priiloader running on top of ios 80", you know apps can change the ios they want to be on top of...

Fact that you can code doesn't mean you can insult people here and there.
on top?
from what i understand it should be the other way around as ios is actually the one controlling everything.

also, it wouldn't be the first time ppl think priiloader places itself in ios cause all the cool kids change ios's and such.

that, and one of the huge advantages of priiloader over preloader is that it doesn't need sys menu ios exploits to work; so tell me... why wouldn't it work then? knowing all the stuff i said before
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login