Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't Install BootMii?

Posted by pretikewl 
Can't Install BootMii?
July 22, 2010 10:28PM
Hey guys,

Been doing a lot of searching on the net here and can't seem to get a clear answer on this.

Wii Info:
D2Pro installed.
Official updates to 4.0.
Waninkoko's updates to 4.2 (current system menu)
Boot2 v3.
Priiloader installed.
HBC installed.
Dop-Mii v12 via HBC.

I'm trying to install BootMii to make a good NAND backup. I'm using the hackmii installer v0.6. When I try to install, it gives me a warning that it can't install because of no IOS it can use and it won't fake sign anything.

Is there a way I can fix this so I can install BootMii ?
Re: Can't Install BootMii?
July 22, 2010 10:35PM
1. 4.2 isn't current System Menu, 4.3 is. But that's unimportant. 4.2 is a better System Menu to be on.
2. Waninkoko's "safe" updater is a piece of crap and is the reason HBC will not work for you. It patches EVERY IOS for no good reason, and that makes HBC not work.

To fix the issue, its thankfully quite easy. Run dop-Mii. When asked what IOS to use, select IOS36. Then choose to install IOS34 v3348, and make sure you choose to install it with NO patches. Allow it to install, then run HackMii Installer again. It should now work.
July 22, 2010 10:55PM
Omg, if words could truly express how thankful I am to you...

That fixed the issue. Have BootMii installed now and waiting on the NAND backup to finish as I'm typing this. Being that your opinion of the Waninkoko updates weren't the best, is there anything else I should be worried about from using them?

(and btw, i said 'current system menu' as to what my system is on, not the most current available :-p )
July 23, 2010 12:04AM
Oh, sorry for misunderstanding.

Anyway, glad you got it fixed. And no, there's not too much else to worry about. If you find that System Menu settings don't work properly, or crash when you try to enter them, I think that can happen due to patched System Menu IOS. If you have problems, unpatch IOS70 (making sure you have a NAND dump with BootMii/boot2 first). Likewise, if Shop Channel has issues, unpatch IOS61.

Both have been reported by some to be buggy with patched IOS, but I'm not sure of the reliability of the reports. Only unpatch if you actually have problems.

Other than that, you should now have a fully functional Wii :)
July 23, 2010 01:16AM
If I'm running Dop-Mii, then reinstalling the system menu IOS could be done even without Bootmii/boot2, right? I think you can, since Dop-Mii does not necessarily use the system menu IOS (most likely a patched IOS36). So as long as the system menu IOS isn't reloaded, you're fine even without it. However, you must have it installed by the time you turn off the Wii or reload the system menu IOS (by accessing the system menu, for instance), if you don't have Bootmii/boot2.

That's the way things work?
July 23, 2010 12:32PM
Yeah, I just said you should have BootMii/boot2 because messing with System Menu IOS is very dangerous. Any other IOS, if something goes wrong its not a big deal, but with System Menu IOS, unless you have BootMii/boot2, your Wii is bricked and can't be recovered without the use of a NAND programmer.
July 25, 2010 12:33AM
SifJar
2. Waninkoko's "safe" updater is a piece of crap and is the reason HBC will not work for you. It patches EVERY IOS for no good reason
is he really that retarded?
July 25, 2010 10:39AM
i believe so yes. he may leave one or two, but not enough, or the right ones for hackmii installer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login