Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii: when? Because we have clones...

Posted by DanielHueho 
BootMii: when? Because we have clones...
December 23, 2008 12:05AM
Well, is anybody waiting for BootMii yet? Well, I am, and I know the release date is "when it's done". I try to don't complain about it, and nobody have this right, actually. But looks there some projects out here. And apparently they do the same thing: take control of boot process in some way:

[www.unrom.com] <<< Post from Nuke at his blog
[gbatemp.net] <<< app from crediar, that loads HBC instead of System Menu

I know Nuke posts only shows a simple screen, and crediar's preloader is not even "public" release (I laughed with the noobs semi-bricking their Wiis in that thread =P ), but this only increases my anxiety about "the original". So, the boring and rude question: when?
Re: BootMii: when? Because we have clones...
December 23, 2008 05:12AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2008 03:26AM by comex.
December 23, 2008 11:00AM
AFAIK crediar's app does not run in place of boot2, it runs in place of the system menu. It doesn't do nearly the same thing.
December 24, 2008 02:28AM
I had a random theory that crediar is really bushing's alter ego for when he gets passive aggressive and wants to brick people's Wiis. ;-). Also, I don't think asking about it is going to help much since bushing and co are going to be at 25c3 soonish so they're probably busy with that right now.
December 26, 2008 05:51AM
Still going to be done when it's done. We're not doing it to be first, and we don't mind friendly competition. :)

We're all going to be in the same place at the same time next week, so that should help considerably.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login