Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot get online using wii.

Posted by jlenoconel 
Cannot get online using wii.
July 25, 2010 06:23AM
Just bought a 2nd hand wii and am trying to use it to get online and I cannot since I installed the homebrew channel and updated my system using Dop Mii. Any suggestions?
Re: Cannot get online using wii.
July 25, 2010 06:58AM
What do you mean you can't since you installed the HBC? You can go online regardless of what is installed and how you updated.
July 25, 2010 07:41AM
Well everytime I try to go online it comes up with an error message and it won't let me connect. God knows what's wrong?
July 25, 2010 01:20PM
Are you talking about Shop Channel? If so, update it with dop-Mii or WiiSCU (make sure you choose v19 if given an option).

Otherwise, check your connection.
July 25, 2010 03:33PM
If its an older system, could it be that there is something wrong with the wii itself that would prevent it from getting online? It seems to be having trouble in general getting and staying online. Ive tried wiiradio and WiiMC and a few different programs and the system seems to be having trouble connecting.
July 25, 2010 08:57PM
There shouldn't be any problem unless there is a hardware issue. Anyway, are you sure your signal is strong and the connection is configured correctly?
July 26, 2010 01:46PM
I'm gonna have to check. I am worried it is a hardware issue. I am not totally sure if the system was properly looked after. I am going to send my other wii into Nintendo maybe anyway. Do wii's internal hardware break easily or would someone basically have to treat the system like complete sh*t for it to go bad?
July 26, 2010 06:17PM
Go into the System Menu settings and do an Internet connection test.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login