Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel 1.0.7

Posted by cactusjack901 
Re: Homebrew Channel 1.0.7
July 28, 2010 06:17PM
SquareWheel
It broke USB loading for me, and exiting to system menu just relaunches the HBC.

I hope by "USB loading" you mean running apps off USB in SD ;)

Anyway, try loading HBC with no SD card inserted.
July 28, 2010 10:42PM
With the new version of Homebrew out, can Wiis that are currently running on system 4.2 and which already have HB installed on them, install Nintendo's latest firmware update without losing the HB application, or worse, bricking?

Thanks!
July 28, 2010 11:31PM
You'd never have bricked, but yeah if you really want to update, you can provided you've installed HBC 1.0.7. Although there is zero point in doing so. And FYI, firmware is the wrong term. You mean system software.
July 28, 2010 11:45PM
SifJar
TiMeBoMb
03. Some USB HD's are not recognized.

To be expected, 100% compatibility is unlikely

I wasn't referring to 100% compatibility. I was referring to USB hard drives that were functional BEFORE updating to v1.0.7.

Please Take NOTE:
I haven't personally updated to v1.0.7. These "issues" were gathered from various forums, where multiple users were reporting the same issues.
July 28, 2010 11:55PM
SifJar
You'd never have bricked, but yeah if you really want to update, you can provided you've installed HBC 1.0.7. Although there is zero point in doing so. And FYI, firmware is the wrong term. You mean system software.
First off thanks for the reply.
but if I update I can access the shop channel, and it's likely Metroid Other M will require the install. I know Gecko is the work around for that but that's kind of a pain. I've heard of a hB utility that patches you through the shop channel without having the most current system software, but I don't know what it' called and I'm not so savy with IOS.
July 29, 2010 12:07AM
You don't need to touch IOS, and the easiest tool to use is WiiSCU. But if you want, updating to 4.3 should now cause no real negative connotations.
July 29, 2010 01:44AM
I cant see some icons now because they were black lettering.
July 29, 2010 02:18AM
Any confirmation on Eniggy's claims? My main use of the homebrew is the VBA GX, so...
July 29, 2010 02:31AM
Works fine for me
July 29, 2010 04:25AM
bigmac909
Any confirmation on Eniggy's claims? My main use of the homebrew is the VBA GX, so...

You might as well just test it out yourself. Some users experience different results sometimes. For my part, VBA GX works just fine.
July 29, 2010 06:59AM
@Iwatasan
Thank You for the response and the clarification. My only issue is all the stuff I hear about dopmii and wiiscu you know about the bricking and all. That's why I just don't trust it, but I didn't know that it could be used to only update the shop channel by itself thanks for the tip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 07:00AM by personafan87.
July 29, 2010 09:58AM
Wow, with reading all this, I am glade that I have sat on the sidelines so to speak, I as only really use the wii as a video player that streams over the wifi..

As alot of what you all have been talking about is over my head.

I hope everyone gets there systems working correctly and simply..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 09:59AM by openm17558.
July 29, 2010 09:22PM
OK, so you want to use the shop channel. Just search and find the application that updates the shop channel for you. This is the safest way I know how to update the shop channel with updating the system firmware. I wouldn't suggest updating to 4.3 until Team Tweezers (I think) puts out a piece of software for it that isn't as buggy or hard to use like the Indie or stacker progies.
July 30, 2010 07:38PM
I'm new to Homebrew Channel and new to this forums, so sorry if I sound nooby and sorry if I put my question in the wrong place, but I was wondering why I cannot download this version.

When I open my Homebrew Channel, it will ask for an update to version 1.0.7. I click "Yes" and it will come up with this downloading window and I wait for it to finish. It gives me a warning thing and then I push "1" on the wii remote (because it tells me to). When it is done it brings me up to this one menu (which I just exit from) and then it brings me to the main screen (which isn't any different from version 1.0.6). Then the next time I reboot Homebrew Channel, it asks me to update again to version 1.0.7.

Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Never mind! I solved my own problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2010 07:45PM by smileydude689.
July 30, 2010 07:46PM
Yeah, you need to actually update, not just exit when it comes to the menu.
July 31, 2010 08:00PM
I've never any of these problems with the new HBC (other than it being kinda dark). And i'm on 4.3 with a good ol' wad (don't ask me why I did it...I was bored). The only odd things that happen to me was going to bootmii and back to the system menu it will would go black and go back to HBC but that oddly went away over time. And sometimes i would see the last frame of the app i was using when exiting the back to HBC. I haven't even tried using the USB yet. But they fix sorting by date. Other than that its just like the old HBC I come to love. Oh yeah the title id for me is *.... (af1bf516)* well thats what i see in any title deleter db and next to it says (brew like a pro!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2010 08:01PM by SolidMario7.
August 02, 2010 03:42AM
Okay, I found updating VBA somehow made it able to work again, along with updating ScummVM Wii. Now here's the flaw I've noticed- starting HBC with a SD card in screws up access to the USB port from the Choose Input Device menu, causing the menu to make both SD and USB go to gray buttons, and clicking OK or Cancel causes the SD menu to load once, and then load again. Starting up HBC with just USB causes it to work fine, but SD and USB at once causes it to screw up.
August 02, 2010 06:04PM
Very new to Homebrew (just loaded for the first time last week) So i can't compare it to the old HB but I tell you what my kids (9, and 11) have not touched any of their High dollar Wii games for a week they LOVE super mario bro. war . And my oldest has just about down loaded every game on HB browerser. So I guess you would say We love it .
We have not had any problems as of yet but I would like to know which DVD player to load?

Toa
August 02, 2010 06:07PM
WiiMC is the newest Wii media center available. I'm not sure if its available in the Homebrew Browser or not. Make sure you install Tantric's cIOS 202 before trying to run WiiMC.

More info here: wiimc.org
August 02, 2010 08:12PM
FYI, if you have a recent Wii, you may not be able to play DVDs, and may only be able to play media off USB and SD storage devices. But an older Wii (I'd say >6 months old should be OK) should be able to play DVDs via WiiMC and IOS202.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login