Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel 1.0.7

Posted by cactusjack901 
Re: Homebrew Channel 1.0.7
August 02, 2010 10:10PM
I've found a site where Wii's dvd drives statistics are shown, based on its serial number. It seems that even the newer ones have a slight chance of coming with an older dvd drive, thus being able to read dvd movies (D3 was the last one to read dvds, wasn't it?) Pretty curious why Nintendo doesn't make all Wiis with the newer drives.
August 02, 2010 10:57PM
Aobx
I've found a site where Wii's dvd drives statistics are shown, based on its serial number. It seems that even the newer ones have a slight chance of coming with an older dvd drive, thus being able to read dvd movies (D3 was the last one to read dvds, wasn't it?) Pretty curious why Nintendo doesn't make all Wiis with the newer drives.

Using up old stock of drives? Some factories didn't receive new drives as soon as others? Perhaps something along those lines.
August 03, 2010 04:46AM
I think wiimc is in the browser, its where I got mine from.
August 03, 2010 09:42PM
Don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but since the update I haven't been able to see (and thus, unable to launch) any applications on Homebrew Channel. I should note that all I use is Gecko OS through my SD card. Can anyone help?
August 03, 2010 11:27PM
Try Loadmii and see if it works. That's the most practical way of launching homebrew, after HBC.
August 04, 2010 12:33AM
k, how do i get it on my wii?
August 04, 2010 04:37AM
Just download it and run through HBC. Wiibrew wiki has a page of it with a download link.
August 04, 2010 05:05AM
If I could still run stuff through HBC, I wouldn't be asking for help. But when I launch HBC, none of my apps show up, just the menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 05:06AM by SendoRoba.
August 04, 2010 05:25AM
Check your sd card to see if the apps folder is still there, if this is what you are referring too. Can you load the HBC and get the bubbles screen but no apps then you need the apps folder. It might have gotten deleted or you could have deleted it by accident
August 04, 2010 05:47AM
protoman
Has anyone else here had any problems getting to the Homebrew Channel from Bootmii? If I try to run if from Bootmii, I get a dead black screen and nothing else. If I go into the Wii menu and then to the Homebrew, it loads fine.

I haven't tried any of the emulators since the update, so I can't vouch for those still being okay or not.

I'd personally enjoy an option to switch to the old color theme.

edit2: I saw this and tried it, since it's like my situation, but no luck.

Okay, I decided to upgrade my Bootmii and it now works as it should.
August 04, 2010 05:57AM
dirtrider73068
Check your sd card to see if the apps folder is still there, if this is what you are referring too. Can you load the HBC and get the bubbles screen but no apps then you need the apps folder. It might have gotten deleted or you could have deleted it by accident

I have the apps folder there and everything is in order, but still nothing. I'm sad...
August 04, 2010 06:28AM
Well another thing you could try is reformat your sd card or uninstall HBC and then reinstall HBC and see if that works if the sd card reformat doesn't work. You should be able to do the uninstall and reinstall with the new hackmii installer.
August 04, 2010 02:58PM
For me, there are no issues at all besides the user interface issues.
August 04, 2010 09:03PM
SendoRoba

I had the same thing happen last night check to see what the boot name is .
All my apps had a .bak added to the name. I had to rename each boot by removing the .bak and they all came back. You can try to get help at{ [chat.mibbit.com]} if you are still stuck
August 04, 2010 09:43PM
No, they're still just called "boot.dol"
August 05, 2010 12:21AM
SendoRoba:

So your path for homebrew applications is: sd:/apps/afolder/boot.dol -- Right? You have apps and boot.dol in all lowercase too, right? And lastly, you only have one boot.dol or boot.elf file per folder in the apps folder, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2010 12:22AM by Arikado.
August 11, 2010 05:57AM
I'm having major issues with the installer and I have no idea why. I get into my current HBC just fine, it alerts me about the update, I click yes, it downloads the update, I get the scam warning screen, I push 1, and then it tells me it can't find a usable IOS to use. I have no idea why this is the case - I've only installed emulators and have never had an issue updating the HBC before - any ideas why this might be happening and what I can do to fix it? I guess it's not a huge deal at this point as I still have 1.0.6 but if any Wii games come out soon that require 4.3 to play, I'd like the option of officially updating.
August 11, 2010 06:16AM
@DonSilvestre

Run DOP-Mii and have it install an unpatched IOS 30 v1040. Then run the hackmii installer (the update) again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 06:16AM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login