Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Priiloader when I have bootmii/boot2....is it worth it or useful?

Posted by ICEing 
Priiloader when I have bootmii/boot2....is it worth it or useful?
July 26, 2010 11:02PM
Basically the topic. I have bootmii installed as boot2. And StartPatch for Sys menu 4.1 (As obviously that is my sys menu)

So I heard some people saying its good to have both bootmii as boot2 AND priiloader as a safe brick-prevention. Is it good to have both or...should I just keep bootmii and leave it at that?

Also I heard its a pain in the ass to remove priiloader. Is this still the case?
Re: Priiloader when I have bootmii/boot2....is it worth it or useful?
July 26, 2010 11:21PM
Priiloader is easy to remove, but also pointless as brick protection if you have BootMii/boot2.

Its the best brick protection available if you can't install BootMii/boot2, and it has a bunch of other useful features (autobooting a DOL, patching System Menu etc.), but if you don't need those features, there is no point installing it on a Wii that has BootMii/boot2 for brick protection purposes as it will only slow down the boot process and offer nothing of any real use.
Re: Priiloader when I have bootmii/boot2....is it worth it or useful?
July 27, 2010 12:03AM
SifJar
Priiloader is easy to remove, but also pointless as brick protection if you have BootMii/boot2.

Its the best brick protection available if you can't install BootMii/boot2, and it has a bunch of other useful features (autobooting a DOL, patching System Menu etc.), but if you don't need those features, there is no point installing it on a Wii that has BootMii/boot2 for brick protection purposes as it will only slow down the boot process and offer nothing of any real use.

Ah ok, that pretty much answers my question. Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login