Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anytitle Deleter

Posted by JoniTapani 
Re: Anytitle Deleter
July 31, 2010 04:02PM
There's a mod to TBR. Allegadely, it works better, but I never tested it. I don't think it's piracy related, since there's nothing this mod does that TBR doesn't. Isn't worth a try?
July 31, 2010 04:16PM
If you're talking about the one I think you are, it was for 4.2 before WiiPower realised the bugs used by TBR hadn't been patched, and someone else tried it, and it worked, and then TBR was updated officially. And that version would not work on 4.3. I don't know of any other TBR mod.

Anyway, make sure you have the correct WADs and in the correct location (not sure of the exact names, but they need to be exactly right, I think its in the readme), or just use NUS if possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2010 04:17PM by SifJar.
July 31, 2010 05:05PM
In fact, but there's the same mod for TBR v1.13. It even has the option to install unpatched IOS41, making it simpler. As I said it, I never tested it, but there shouldn't be any grave danger testing it. I've read some testimonials that the mod worked for them, but it wasn't said the original TBR failed for them first. If TC wants to try it, it's called Trucha Bug Restorer MOD v1.13 (no problem telling this, right? No piracy related).

The other tool I know has its uses for piracy, and it was quite used before HBC 1.0.7 came out. I'm not naming it. It's quite a discussion to allow tools that has its uses for piracy but not entirely.
July 31, 2010 06:08PM
Ah yeah, THAT mod, I forgot about that one. Anyway, all that does differently AFAIK is allow install of IOS40, nothing else is different, so results should be the same.

I'd say its most likely user error, misnamed WADs or something similar.
July 31, 2010 06:59PM
I'd do tests for check this out, installing IOS41 then trying to downgrade IOS15 using it. But since I'm not in firmware 4.3, I don't know if my success would repeat in the said system menu.

Or this isn't related and I can test even on another firmware?
July 31, 2010 08:36PM
System Menu is completely irrelevant, its not running or influencing at all when you're not actually in System Menu. All thats running is an IOS and the homebrew app (e.g. TBR)
August 01, 2010 05:27AM
I upgraded to IOS15 v1031. Then, opened Trucha Bug Restorer MOD v1.13 and installed unpatched IOS41 v2835. Tried to downgrade IOS15 to v257 and it worked.

Maybe TC could try that, or use Dop-Mii to check which IOS41 revision is installed first.
August 01, 2010 02:52PM
Well, Do-Mii jus freezes when i open it... And what is supposed to be the IOS15 wad's name?
August 01, 2010 03:39PM
Its in the readme I think...

EDIT: WADs should be named:

IOS15-64-v257.wad
 IOS15-64-v1031.wad
 IOS36-64-v3607.wad
 IOS37-64-v5662.wad

and they must all be on the ROOT of the SD card/USB device.

Note: You don't need the IOS37 WAD.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 03:41PM by SifJar.
August 01, 2010 06:04PM
Maybe it's giving an error because of that issue in HBC 1.0.7 we discussed? TC give Loadmii a try, then. Just for experimentation sake.
August 01, 2010 09:07PM
Well, can i use the IOS41 to downgrade the IOS36?
August 01, 2010 10:06PM
IOS36 isn't downgraded, it's patched. In fact, I really don't know why IOS15 is used. After all, IOS41 is installed for its trucha bug, IOS15 also has the bug, so... there must be a difference. Maybe IOS15 has more privilegies?

Anyway, try to do as I suggested, for now. Use Trucha Bug Restorer MOD v1.13, write down precisely the error message, if it comes. Then, boot TBR MOD v1.13 through Loadmii, try again, and check if it still gives an error and if it's the same. In case of failure, tell us which error the app returned.
August 01, 2010 11:28PM
JoniTapani
Well, can i use the IOS41 to downgrade the IOS36?

Although technically possible, there is no application capable of doing this. Furthermore, this would not work on "LU64+" wiis.

Aobx
In fact, I really don't know why IOS15 is used. After all, IOS41 is installed for its trucha bug, IOS15 also has the bug, so... there must be a difference. Maybe IOS15 has more privilegies?

IOS 41 does not have the trucha bug. However, like all IOSes released before the 4.3 update, the revisions of IOS 41 released before 4.3 have the bug that allows TBR and the like to downgrade things. IOS 15 is used because it is the only IOS that has the trucha bug and will run on "LU64+" wiis (not counting IOS 16, as it can not be obtained legally). Before TBR, there was another application that used the same bug to downgrade IOS, but it caused problems with "LU64+" wiis as it downgraded a different IOS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 11:29PM by jbc007.
August 02, 2010 11:00AM
WOHOOO. Now it worked, i had to put them on the memcards root... -.- So, has what i did, put he wads on sd's root, then downgrade 15 using 41, then patch 36 with 15, then restore 15 with 41. It worked. Awesome. Thanks guys, thanks so much. ^^
August 02, 2010 02:53PM
Finally, it's solved.

And thanks, jbc, for explaining me about the way this downgrade works, I really didn't know it.
August 10, 2010 06:39PM
What would happen if someone attempted to downgrade IOS36 on an LU64+ Wii????

I think that's what I did and now my Wii won't load ANY channels/ games/ etc. The only thing that works is the System Menu.
I can't load any homebrew since bannerbomb is blocked and disks won't boot, I do have a NAND backup (nand.bin and keys.bin) from a few days ago.

Here is a video I made earlier today: [www.youtube.com]

Everything I do on the Wii causes it to reboot, what could be wrong with it??? How could I fix it? Please help!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2010 06:43PM by NintendoFreak.
August 10, 2010 09:56PM
Seems like a corrupted system menu. Maybe a update through disc will solve it, I don't know. Have you already tried that?
August 11, 2010 12:14AM
NintendoFreak
What would happen if someone attempted to downgrade IOS36 on an LU64+ Wii????

Anything that used IOS 36 would not work (most homebrew application). Channels and games using IOS 36 would reload the system menu (or perhaps they would just hang).

Aobx
Seems like a corrupted system menu. Maybe a update through disc will solve it, I don't know. Have you already tried that?

Its an IOS issue. A system update should fix it, but he said in another topic that it didn't fix it. This indicates that the corrupted IOSes have version numbers higher than the latest official IOSes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 12:17AM by jbc007.
August 11, 2010 11:36AM
I thought it wasn't an IOS issue because every channel reboots the console. Doesn't every channel use a different IOS, like HBC using IOS61, Mii Channel using IOS31, etc? Or their channels are always launched by IOS36 than reloads into something else? Also, can TBR downgrade IOS36? I thought it only patched it.
August 11, 2010 06:20PM
Aobx
I thought it wasn't an IOS issue because every channel reboots the console. Doesn't every channel use a different IOS, like HBC using IOS61, Mii Channel using IOS31, etc? Or their channels are always launched by IOS36 than reloads into something else? Also, can TBR downgrade IOS36? I thought it only patched it.

TBR doesn't downgrade IOS36, but a crappy tool by a certain infamous coder does.

As for the channel issue: I dunno how that is caused by only IOS36 being corrupted. Perhaps other IOS were downgraded too (quite possible if the tool I am thinking of was used).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login