Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Priiloader and 4.3

Posted by JDHinten 
Priiloader and 4.3
August 12, 2010 03:44PM
I just recently tried updating my homebrew channel and then updating to system menu 4.3. However, every time I attempt this, I receive an error message with the code 32004 telling me that the update cannot be performed and that I should reconfigure my internet settings. According to the Nintendo support site, this error code means that my router is not functioning properly or that my firewall is blocking it. This does not seem to be the case though, because when I test the connection it claims that it is working fine. I do have Priiloader installed and wondered if this might be the problem instead. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Re: Priiloader and 4.3
August 12, 2010 03:54PM
Run Priiloader and re-enable all permissions for updates. To be on the safe side, re-enable everything, as the update will remove those either way.
August 12, 2010 04:30PM
Duh! I forgot I had disabled those! Will try this ASAP. Thanks!

Edit: Still gives me the error! Anything else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2010 04:34PM by JDHinten.
August 12, 2010 04:44PM
After undoing everything you did with Priiloader, try resetting the router and the internet settings on your Wii. Disable WiiConnect24, then try an update again.
August 12, 2010 05:18PM
Restarted my modem and router, messed with both internet and WiiConnect24 settings, then tried the "connection test" option again. Same result. ='(
August 12, 2010 10:10PM
Did you run a 4.2 "safe" updater at any point in time prior to this? If so, that may be the problem. If I recall correctly, it prevents you from updating officially, though I'm probably wrong.
August 12, 2010 11:34PM
Sonicdude41: That moronic feature was only added in the idiotic 4.3 "safe" updater AFAIK.
August 12, 2010 11:38PM
Thank you for pointing that out. :P Well, based on that, either he used the 4.3 updater or the Wi-Fi module is probably defunct -- only way to know that is to find out if he can still connect to the internet.

EDIT: I seem to fail at rereading.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2010 11:43PM by Sonicdude41.
August 12, 2010 11:48PM
Sonicdude41
Thank you for pointing that out. :P Well, based on that, either he used the 4.3 updater or the Wi-Fi module is probably defunct -- only way to know that is to find out if he can still connect to the internet.

EDIT: I seem to fail at rereading.

Twice.

He said that a connection test works.
August 13, 2010 04:18AM
Try downloading something with NUS downloader. Otherwise, what type of Internet connection do you have?
August 13, 2010 05:54AM
If the connection test works and said its fine, can he use the internet channel for giggles and see if it will get online that way to know for sure his connections are working fully?
August 13, 2010 03:04PM
To answer the questions above:

1. I have not used any "safe" updaters.
2. I have a broadband internet connection.
3. The internet channel and even NUS downloading on Dop-Mii work.

Hope that helps.
August 13, 2010 04:36PM
JD, after disabling the hacks on Priiloader, did you save your preferences? You must not just disable them, you must save these settings afterward.
August 13, 2010 04:52PM
You ever use StartPatch?
August 14, 2010 02:58PM
@ Aobx: I'm pretty sure I did, but I guess I'll double check to make sure.

@SifJar: Nope. Not even sure what that is.
August 14, 2010 03:18PM
Disable ALL hacks in priiloader, not just ones related to updates (just in case)
August 14, 2010 11:48PM
SifJar
Disable ALL hacks in priiloader, not just ones related to updates (just in case)

And if that doesn't work, uninstall Priiloader and see if that fixes it.
August 15, 2010 02:37AM
All Priiloader hacks are definitely disabled. I tried uninstalling Priiloader but it gave me an error message, stating that using CIOS 249 might fix the problem. Is this necessary? I just uninstalled it, so I don't wish to install it again (prior to updating) unless it's absolutely necessary.
August 15, 2010 03:06AM
Keep in mind that there is absolutely no benefit to updating. However, if you still wish to do so, run NUS Downloader. From the extras menu, select emulate wii system update, then select your region. NUSD will create an update script; have it run this script and be sure to check the option to pack WADs. It will now download everything from the 4.3 update. When it is finished (it may take awhile), find all the WADs that were created. Make a folder called wad on the root of your SD card and put these WADs in it. However, you need not keep the boot2 WAD.

Run WAD Import and install every WAD you downloaded (this will be quite tedious and time consuming). Be sure to install IOS 80 first, the system menu second, and then everything else.
September 28, 2010 02:03AM
Hi, I don't want to reopen any old thread but I have the exact same issue as the original poster.
I just wanted to know if anyone figured out what was wrong? I don't really want to install SM4.3 like jbc007 proposed (good option though) I would much rather install it the traditional way via a system update.

I know I DON'T need to update to SM 4.3 but I like being up to date with what nintendo is releasing (it's stupid I know!).

At first I forgot to disable the Block Online Updates from PriiLoader (v0.4 beta3) and when I tried to update I received error 32002. Then I disabled the option and I now have error 32004. Maybe the problem has nothing to do with priiloader though....
My online connection works fine (I can surf the web via the Opera Chanel, and I can visit the Nintendo Chanel, etc etc).

One other thing, I have a copy of Metroid Other M, I think it has SM 4.3 on it. I could update my SM with it, but I would like to fix my online update.

Thanks

HJS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2010 02:12AM by homersimpson.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login