Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew channel date sort ineffective

Posted by LinkSlayer64 
Homebrew channel date sort ineffective
August 25, 2010 12:41AM
While I decided that one thing people want most from the Hombrew channel is sorting, I know the apps out there and they don't really work well due to the fact they conflict with the hombrew browser (no offense intended, you guys did some hard work, but well, it just doesn't work that well)

I decided to investigate into using the "release_date" sort field, but when I attempted to set the date in meta.xml, it did nothing, I triple checked that I followed the format correctly, and nothing happened. (Yes, I did change the sorting to date by pressing "1" and selecting "Date" )

So, is release date sorting defunct in the newest version of the homebrew channel? does the meta.xml structure template on the wiki page need to be updated?

I'm looking to help people (since most probably don't use date sorting as it is, it could easily become a custom sorting mode, without conflicting with the homebrew browser)
Thanks in advanced!

p.s. Since "Softmod" has been given a bad rap due to its association with piracy, is there any other term for modding your Wii with Bootmii/Homebrew? Brewmod? Homemod? Cup-o-Joeing your wii? (ok, last one I couldn't resist) or maybe just calling it "Brewing" since its actually seems to work kinda nicely "My wii's been "Brewed"
Sorry for the long p.s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2010 12:57AM by LinkSlayer64.
Re: Homebrew channel date sort ineffective
August 25, 2010 12:03PM
re the ps: Just "installed HBC and BootMii" is sufficient IMO.
Re: Homebrew channel date sort ineffective
August 25, 2010 04:01PM
The term I have seen most correctly used in the scene is 'Homebrew enabled Wii'.

'My Wii's been Homebrew enabled!'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login