Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDX v2

Posted by HelpMiii 
Re: DVDX v2
August 26, 2010 11:59PM
The DVD will act as a storage drive, just like the SD, not as a game disc.

You can organize the games' ISOs in folders, just like you have them in your SD, so you can put many in one disc. If everything works as expected you should be able to browse the disc from the emulator and select the game you want to load.

I am sorry, I can not provide you specific help with the emulator since I personally have never used it. I don't have the need to since I also own a PS3 :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2010 12:00AM by Axel.
August 27, 2010 03:52PM
hmm okay sounds simple enough but...

Axel
HelpMiii
okay so i've done all this.. does this mean i can burn psx games on dvds and play them off my wii?

Yes, in theory you should :)

Use DVD-R and burn them in JOLIET format.

what did you mean by burning them in JOLIET format? doesn't the emulator only read either .bin or .img files?
August 27, 2010 04:45PM
HelpMiii
what did you mean by burning them in JOLIET format? doesn't the emulator only read either .bin or .img files?

Joliet is the format for the file system used when burning the disc, not the type of the files.

When you burn a disc you can select between distinct file systems to burn your disc, for the Wii it is recommended that you choose Joliet when doing this.

You don't have to do anything special or additional to the files of the games!
August 27, 2010 05:08PM
hmm okay i think i get it.. what burning program do you suggest? currently i'm using imageburn but if you have any other suggestions..
August 27, 2010 05:37PM
HelpMii
hmm okay i think i get it.. what burning program do you suggest? currently i'm using imageburn but if you have any other suggestions..
You don't want to use imgburn, that will burn the whole game to the DVD, you want to burn files to the disc, like you would some music, or photos, and burn the disc in Joliet format
also, its a bit of a waste of a DVD, wouldn't it just work better to put them on a flash drive, or even one at a time on your SD?

HelpMii
i always thought i was as simple as burning and playing wii games..
Also, never talk of burning and playing wii games, I realize now you are more than likely using a loader to play burned games
Please just cut the crap and buy your Wii games, the Developers put hard work into making them, and they are still for sale.
August 27, 2010 06:21PM
LinkSlayer64
HelpMii
You don't want to use imgburn, that will burn the whole game to the DVD, you want to burn files to the disc, like you would some music, or photos, and burn the disc in Joliet format

Imgburn should work fine. Just make sure you add the ISO's as files and do not create discs from them.
September 02, 2010 08:10PM
do you know how to burn them in joliet format on imageburn?
September 10, 2010 07:09AM
LinkSlayer64
HelpMii
also, its a bit of a waste of a DVD, wouldn't it just work better to put them on a flash drive, or even one at a time on your SD?

HelpMii
i always thought i was as simple as burning and playing wii games..
Also, never talk of burning and playing wii games, I realize now you are more than likely using a loader to play burned games
Please just cut the crap and buy your Wii games, the Developers put hard work into making them, and they are still for sale.

Totally Agree. CUT THE CRAP!!
September 10, 2010 03:57PM
We're done here.

If you still can't figure out how to get your ROMs onto a DVD, then use your SD Card or invest in a large external USB HDD.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.