Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 Questions about Disc Updates and Shop Channel Updating

Posted by ICEing 
2 Questions about Disc Updates and Shop Channel Updating
August 31, 2010 01:48PM
Ok with the release of Other M today, and my wii on 4.1, im certain that the disc will probably ask me to update. I know I can skip this using Gecko but will I have to load Gecko every single time just to avoid the disc update? :( Is there any way to bypass disc updates through the normal loading through the disc channel?

And second question is I been trying to update the Shop Channel using WiiSCU, but it didn't work. I downloaded the newest one, and it gives me a selection when choosing the Shop Channel Updating like "v24, v25, etc" And I chose the latest one I simply assumed which was v25 and got a red error message. So I don't know what went wrong there.

Thanks for the help in advance

-EDIT-

I forgot I have StartPatch for sys menu 4.1. Will that work in bypassing disc updates? I assume its either the skip update check or Remove diag disc check options.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2010 01:56PM by ICEing.
Re: 2 Questions about Disc Updates and Shop Channel Updating
August 31, 2010 04:33PM
The skip disc updates in StartPatch will work fine, but you should run the game with Gecko OS first to see what IOS it uses, then manually install that IOS using a WAD downloaded with NUSD and WadImport.

As for the Shop Channel; latest version is 19 IIRC, v20-25 are there for future proofing the app.
August 31, 2010 06:38PM
Unfortunatly a family member put the disc in and updated it while I wasn't home. So now frustratingly enough, im on 4.3.

So far all I seen gone is bootmii as boot 2. I have it on my SD card, but the bootmii screen dosen't show up when I turn on the wii like I used to. What can I do to get it back?
August 31, 2010 06:46PM
Run HackMii Installer via HBC. It doesn't matter in the slightest you have been updated to 4.3, there are ZERO issues with being on the latest update. (Also zero benefits, but thats besides the point).
August 31, 2010 06:48PM
SifJar
Run HackMii Installer via HBC. It doesn't matter in the slightest you have been updated to 4.3, there are ZERO issues with being on the latest update. (Also zero benefits, but thats besides the point).

Ok thanks. What a relief. I never did any research on 4.3 as I never intended to update. Thanks so much
August 31, 2010 08:37PM
Yes, don't worry. I hope you have now re-installed bootmii as boot2.

4.3 is not that bad, you will not lose anything homebrew related :) and now you don't have to worry about manually updating the shop channel or running metroid through gecko os :D
September 08, 2010 02:35PM
Yeah nothing negative happened thankfully.

Funny how even when I updated however, and re-installed some cIOS it still asked for an update. I bypassed the update with StartPatch and it works fine. So does bootmii/boot2 :)
September 10, 2010 05:18AM
The newer update just installs some Korean IOSs and has no ill effects to the normal homebrew stuff (to me, anyway. I have 4 emulators, 2 homebrew games, HB Browser, Cheat Manager, Code Downloader, and Gecko OS, all work well after 9-7-10 update). If you want, if you're on 1.0.7 of HBC, run both the updates to Metroid and the Shop Channel. I did, and the only ill effect was some slight lag opening the disc channel with Metroid in (could be Metroid itself).
October 03, 2010 08:52AM
okay iceing dont get hackmii installer 1.0.8 because something bad could happen and be damage like my wii
October 03, 2010 09:46AM
Billy
okay iceing dont get hackmii installer 1.0.8 because something bad could happen and be damage like my wii
What was the point of your post?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login