Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew on wii 4.2

Posted by truchabug 
Homebrew on wii 4.2
September 18, 2010 09:34PM
Hi
i have a problem! I want to install the homebrew channel on my wii 4.2 (updated with firmware updater 4.2 from waninkoko)
I have a message error saying that there's not an ios where i can install it! I didn't find any informations anywhere about my problem i use the hackmii installer v 0.8 (the latest version) and nothing works, still have the same message!I'm lost!! If someone knows what to do please answer me! thanks!!! :)
Re: Homebrew on wii 4.2
September 18, 2010 10:03PM
truchabug
Hi
i have a problem! I want to install the homebrew channel on my wii 4.2 (updated with firmware updater 4.2 from waninkoko)
I have a message error saying that there's not an ios where i can install it!

Here's your first issue... using waninkoko's updater. Sigh... what does this guy have that entices n00bs into using his fail updater? And why did you want to update to 4.2 in the first place, if there is absolutely NOTHING worth in this update? I'd kill to be on 4.1 with a previous version of boot2 so I could install bootmii there...
If you're ever wanting to update (which I wouldn't do, and I would strongly recommend everyone I come across NOT to update), you should ALWAYS update through the official procedure. Nintendo may be evil, but it knows what it's doing... sorta. Maybe not, but if they kill your Wii, at least you can go whine how they killed it (unlike going to waninkoko, where he'll most likely ignore you).

Back to topic (funny how I always rant, then go back to topic -__-;; ), apparently waninkoko's updater replaced all IOS with non-vulnerable ones. I dunno how is it possible and why he decided to leave that updater as is (crippling homebrew along the way), I just went and did some quick googlin'. And the only way to get HBC back on it's feet (according to this guide I found) would be to restore any IOS to a previous version that was vulnerable.

Now, this is only an overview (I don't feel like transcribing the guide from spanish to english):

- Make sure your Wii is connected to the internet
- Download bannerbomb and extract to your SD
- Download AnyTitleDeleter and extract to your SD
- Run over to your Wii, let bannerbomb do it's thing, and run AnyTitleDeleter
- Look for IOS30 (MAKE SURE IT'S IOS30 AND NOTHING ELSE), delete it, then exit
- Switch ATD for DopMii and look for and install IOS30 v1040 (make sure it's v1040, or you'll have to start over)
- With that, switch DopMii for the hackmii installer and let 'er rip

This is the basic gist of it. I'd wait for other user's input on the matter before proceeding (or learn2google, perhaps?). I wasn't aiming to being precise with my instructions, but still I tried to be concise and going straight to the point. If you have any doubts on how to use any of these programs, ask before using them. Don't assume anything on the fly. That's really not the way to go.

Anyone please correct me where I'm mistaken, fill in the gaps... and I hope I was helpful.
Re: Homebrew on wii 4.2
September 18, 2010 11:27PM
I just have something to tell you Oh my god THANK YOU very muuuuuuuuuuuuuch that worked and the hbc is now installed
Thanks to you you kick ass!!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login