Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help removing a duplicate Wii Shop channel?

Posted by Mrreow 
Help removing a duplicate Wii Shop channel?
September 28, 2010 01:00PM
Hello all. I imported Monster Hunter Tri from Japan last year, and due to my online play with it, I have two versions of the Wii Shop Channel on my US Wii.

One of them is the normal US Wii Shop channel and the other is the Japanese Wii Shop Channel. The Shop Channel located on the main System Menu screen is the JP one, and if I try to access it I just get a "This channel can't be used" message and have to restart the Wii.

The US Shop Channel is still installed apparently, just "hidden". The only way for me to access it is to go through the Nintendo Channel and use a link in there to access the Shop Channel -- then it takes me straight to the US Shop Channel.

Basically, I want to know if there is something I can do to get rid of my duplicate JP Shop Channel.

Things I've tried:

Reinstalling the latest version of IOS56:
- This does nothing.

Reinstalling the latest version of the US Shop Channel:
- This only updates the US Shop Channel, which I can still access through the Nintendo Channel as I mentioned above. The JP Channel remains on my System Menu screen.

Running Waninkoko's Duplicate Channel Remover 2.1:
- The description for this only says it removes duplicate weather/news channels, so I'm not sure if it has any chance of removing a duplicate Shop Channel. I ran it anyway, and it didn't do anything.

...is this an uncorrectable situation?
Re: Help removing a duplicate Wii Shop channel?
September 28, 2010 04:09PM
Use DOP-Mii WiiBrew Edition to remove the JAP channel.
September 28, 2010 06:26PM
Unlike some of the other channels, the shop channel itself is region free. The shop channel region setting is stored somewhere else on the NAND, but the shop channel itself it the same in all regions. Do you have any Starfall, Startpatch, or Priiloader hacks enabled? In particular, the error when launching channels or region free channels may cause this problem. Also, can you launch the shop channel through Gecko OS?
September 28, 2010 08:18PM
If you have an IOS that accepts fakesigning, you can use AnyRegion Changer to change your Shop Channel region back to US. But if you don't, I can't tell you how to get one.
September 28, 2010 09:14PM
SifJar
If you have an IOS that accepts fakesigning, you can use AnyRegion Changer to change your Shop Channel region back to US.

If that was the issue, the channel would launch from the system menu, but would go on to explain that the shop channel region was US and is now Japan and ask if this is correct. However, it would then give an error. Since he is able to access the channel at all, the region setting is correct.

SifJar
But if you don't, I can't tell you how to get one.

Other than the fact that it won't work on "LU64+" wiis, is there something wrong with downgrading IOS 36 with DOP-Mii?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2010 09:14PM by jbc007.
September 28, 2010 09:48PM
I dunno actually...Maybe that is OK.
September 29, 2010 01:12AM
Hi all,

Thanks Axel, DOP-Mii worked! I was able to remove the Japanese region channel, reinstall the US channel, and it's now on my System Menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2010 01:28AM by Mrreow.
September 29, 2010 04:01PM
Mrreow
Hi all,

Thanks Axel, DOP-Mii worked! I was able to remove the Japanese region channel, reinstall the US channel, and it's now on my System Menu.

Cool, it's good to know it worked well for you :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login