Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help on updating the Wii Shop Channel

Posted by SonicChrono 
Help on updating the Wii Shop Channel
October 07, 2010 02:33AM
Hi, I have an issue on a message telling me I should update to the latest version of the Wii Shop Channel after I ran the current version I have right now. Is there any way to get the new version of it without damaging my Wii console in a strategy?

I am stuck with the update notice, though. Any help would be appreciated.

Btw, running Ver. 3.4U for the system menu itself, HBC is Ver, 1.0.7, and WSC is Ver. 19.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 01:05AM by SonicChrono.
Re: Help on updating the Wii Shop Channel
October 07, 2010 03:42PM
This has been discussed several times. A little search before asking wouldn't hurt.

Anyway... there are several ways to do this, but we need more information of your current Wii setup in order to advise you which is the best for you. For starters, we need to know what is your Wii Menu version.

The easiest way would be to just go ahead and update through Nintendo official update, but given the fact you have not done that, I will be assuming you don't want to. Although, if your homebrew is properly set up and current, there is no reason not to do it.

The other alternative is using DOP-Mii Wiibrew Edition. Use it to install the latest revision of IOS56, and then use it to install the WiiShop channel v20. This should be very straight forward.

There are more alternatives, but I think this two are enough for you...
October 07, 2010 11:42PM
If you have Homebrew Channel 1.0.7+, a system update won't hurt it in any way (unless you made a hardware mod, like a modchip). Just do a normal system update.
October 08, 2010 04:19PM
SonicChrono
Btw, running Ver. 3.4U for the system menu itself, HBC is Ver, 1.0.7, and WSC is Ver. 19.

Since you are in 3.4, I assume you want to get access to the Shop Channel without updating your System Menu.

Then go with the DOP-Mii option I mentioned above.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login