Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel takes a long time to load SD

Posted by Livin4Jesus 
Homebrew Channel takes a long time to load SD
October 16, 2010 04:07AM
I have yet another problem: The Homebrew Channel takes FOREVER to load the SD Card! It waits until the network is initialized, which takes quite a while (Even though the connection is right above my Wii... -.-). I'm using a 4GB Kodak SD Card. Help?
Re: Homebrew Channel takes a long time to load SD
October 16, 2010 04:03PM
Livin4Jesus
I have yet another problem: The Homebrew Channel takes FOREVER to load the SD Card! It waits until the network is initialized, which takes quite a while (Even though the connection is right above my Wii... -.-). I'm using a 4GB Kodak SD Card. Help?

It is better to use 2GB SD cards but I don't know why, it could be a problem in your SD slot, are you sure it hasn't been damaged? It could also be your SD card, is that damaged? Try updating the HBC to its latest version, it might be a bug in the old version that's the problem.
October 16, 2010 06:26PM
First of all try with another SD card. If the problem persists, then we will know it is not your SD card what is faulty.
October 16, 2010 11:16PM
I only have a 8GB MicroSD card with a SD adapter, and that SD card that I was talking about, so... They both take a long time to load. And I think I already have the latest version of The Homebrew Channel.
October 16, 2010 11:21PM
MicroSD cards are known to have problems with homebrew, so that may be a factor.
October 16, 2010 11:57PM
So... What should I do?
October 17, 2010 12:56AM
I would say, if you can, borrow or buy a cheap [regular] SD card (it doesn't have to be a specific size) and see if you still have the issue.
October 19, 2010 06:16PM
OK. I'll try and save up my money for it.
October 22, 2010 02:38PM
Some shops go as low as 5-6 dollar for 1GB: [www.dealextreme.com]
Comments seems to indicate it works in a Wii, but isn't that fast.

(I don't think the site sells high quality things, but you get what you pay for, and I know they are not a scam)
October 26, 2010 05:49PM
Daid
Some shops go as low as 5-6 dollar for 1GB: [www.dealextreme.com]
Comments seems to indicate it works in a Wii, but isn't that fast.

(I don't think the site sells high quality things, but you get what you pay for, and I know they are not a scam)

It's been confirmed on-line that 2GB SD cards such as a Kingston ($8) work best on the wii. If you are serious about Home-Brew I would say that you get a 2GB one as they are the fastest and most reliable. Unfortunately, as expected they are more expensive, but aren't too hard to get.
October 26, 2010 08:15PM
A little off topic... I personally own 3 Kingston 2GB SD cards which I bought solely for the purpose of using with my Wii. I have never experienced any issue with any of them, so I would recommend them as well anyday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login