Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

upgrading the homebrew chanel

Posted by raptorcigs 
upgrading the homebrew chanel
October 16, 2010 08:49PM
how can i upgrage/find out what version of the homebrew chanel i have and is it safe to up my wii version to 4.3 as it is on 4.2 and softmodded,reson is im missing the shop chanel and need opera
Re: upgrading the homebrew chanel
October 16, 2010 09:28PM
Latest HBC version is 1.0.8. Press home on the HBC screen and it will display the version, your IP and what IOS it is running on.

If by 'softmodded' you mean it is enable to run backups (i.e. pirate copies) then upgrading to 4.3 will remove that functionality. However it will not remove HBC if you are already on the latest version.

Piracy and loading backups is not supported in this forums, so we can not provide you any help regarding this.

You can use DOP-Mii to upgrade your Wii Shop channel and your Internet Channel to their latest versions without having to update your System Menu. This has been covered already in several threads in these forums, so I'm not going to get into details. If you want to do this, do some searching.
October 16, 2010 09:41PM
Thankyou :)
January 22, 2011 08:07PM
I have The HBC 1.0.6 and i want to upgrade to 0.8, but my wii will not upgrade I only get a page there says that i cant upgrade my HBC and the only option i have is a EXIT??, my firm on the Wii is. 4.2E and is working fine, but i can't get my WiiMc working. WiiMc says that i am missing IOS58. can someone help me.
sincerly asekongen
January 22, 2011 09:34PM
You should be able to use the latest hackmii installer to update the HBC, run it through HBC, uninstall HBC and then choose to install and it should be update to current version. You can also get the IOS 58 installer and install that through HBC, but It would be best to install IOS 58 so the HBC will recognize it when you update HBC with the hackmii installer. Also if you have your wii connected to the internet, when you open HBC it will ask you if you like to update to 1.0.8.
January 23, 2011 09:49AM
yes i have try that, but then i get the tekst that the Wii wont update, i only have a exit option..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login