Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Safe to update from 3.4 to 4.3?

Posted by bucketmouse 
Safe to update from 3.4 to 4.3?
November 20, 2010 02:11AM
At the top of Wiibrew's site it says, "WiiBrew recommends that you run the latest version of the HackMii Installer and then optionally update your Wii to 4.3 using Nintendo's official updater." However, why is it that the only way to install the homebrew channel on a 4.3 system is by using the Indiana Pwns, Smash Stack or Yu-Gi-OWNED! exploits?

I already have the latest homebrew channel installed. Is it safe to use the official update to 4.3 from 3.4?
Re: Safe to update from 3.4 to 4.3?
November 20, 2010 02:38AM
bucketmouse
At the top of Wiibrew's site it says, "WiiBrew recommends that you run the latest version of the HackMii Installer and then optionally update your Wii to 4.3 using Nintendo's official updater." However, why is it that the only way to install the homebrew channel on a 4.3 system is by using the Indiana Pwns, Smash Stack or Yu-Gi-OWNED! exploits?

I already have the latest homebrew channel installed. Is it safe to use the official update to 4.3 from 3.4?

HBC can only be installed using those exploits because Nintendo blocked the Twilight Hack in 4.0, and Bannerbomb in 4.3.

Yes, 4.3 will not erase HBC if you have 1.0.7 or 1.0.8 installed.
November 20, 2010 02:44AM
If you already have the latest HBC installed then you don't need an exploit. You can update.
November 20, 2010 02:50AM
Alright! Thanks for the info, guys! (I've been wondering because everyone's been saying the 4.3 update removes HBC.)

One more question, will the update affect my Bootmii installation? I think I have it installed as boot2 (the one where you put the backup files on an SD card, insert it, power on the Wii and the Bootmii menu starts up).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 03:07AM by bucketmouse.
November 20, 2010 03:13AM
Yes, BootMii will be removed and you will need to reinstall it. Once you've updated, run the HackMii Installer from the Homebrew Channel and you will be able to install it as boot2 again.
November 20, 2010 07:52AM
Done and done. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login