Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew channel just has blank/black screen when I load it

Posted by stormgod 
Homebrew channel just has blank/black screen when I load it
December 05, 2010 10:04PM
Hello,

I was running 4.0 & homebrew working fine, but then a few days ago, every time i clicked on the homebrew channel, it just went to a blank screen & I kept having to unplug power to restart it, ie it no longer came up with the floating bubbles screen anymore, nor no apps showed etc.

I figured i would upgrade to 4.3u (Pal/Euro), so did all that & followed all the right ways to allow the homebrew channel to be reinstalled, which I did via lego indianna jones etc, did the whole game save thing & all worked fine, & installed the homebrew channel & then the bootmii etc, then exited out, but then when it tries to load the homebrew channel I get the exact same thing, it just sits on a blank screen & hangs there.

I have the homebrew channel on the main menu, so it has installed it okay, it is only when I try & open it, that it hangs there on a blank screen.

I'm not sure what is wrong, I've read a heap of this forum & sounds like maybe a ios is wrong, but even if someone told be what i need to do, how can I do this when I can't open the homebrew channel to load any wad or bootmii etc to fix this problem, any info would be great & very much appreciated.

So in short, I have the homebrew channel installed & it shows in the menu, it's when I click on it & then click the start button, it just sits ojn a blank screen & the remote turns off, everytime I press the A button to turn the remote back on, it just keeps seraching, but never lights up.

Kind Regards,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2010 10:24PM by stormgod.
Re: Homebrew channel just has blank/black screen when I load it
December 06, 2010 02:49AM
Launch DOP-Mii with Indiana PWNS (or another exploit) and have it install the latest revision of IOS 58. Reinstall the HBC if it still does not work.
December 06, 2010 04:16AM
FYI, 4.3U is NTSC-U/North America. 4.3E is PAL/Europe.
December 06, 2010 10:19AM
Thanks JBC007, all working again now... & yes oops it's 4.3E (aussie pal), not sure what happened, but as soon as I unplugged the hdd, the homebrew channel then worked & I was able to do the dopmii, thanks again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login