Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to update the Wii Internet's flash player?

Posted by ICEing 
Is it possible to update the Wii Internet's flash player?
December 14, 2010 05:33PM
The amount of playable videos you can watch on wiinet is basically limited to youtube and a couple others. Is there anyway to update or watch some of the videos the wii internet cant play? Like facebook videos for example.
Re: Is it possible to update the Wii Internet's flash player?
December 14, 2010 06:37PM
No. And nor will it be possible (most likely), it would take a lot of reverse engineering to be able to replace the flash player within the internet channel. Start a petition for Nintendo to update it ;)
December 19, 2010 08:08PM
Ah if only Nintendo would listen -.-
December 19, 2010 10:08PM
If memory serves, the reason that Nintendo has not updated the Flash player has more to do with Adobe than anything. I remember reading something about them not releasing the SDK or drivers or something for flash 8, much less 10.
December 20, 2010 01:56AM
The Internet Channel uses Flash Lite 3.1, the newest version of Lite. Flash Lite 4 isn't out yet.

Flash Lite 3.1 supports Flash 8, and some Flash 9 stuff.

I think updating the flash isnt going to help much because the Wii will still run out of ram to put all the flash stuff on. (or is there a way this could be fixed? like having it erase stuff it doesnt need, etc?)
December 21, 2010 06:42PM
NintendoFreak
I think updating the flash isnt going to help much because the Wii will still run out of ram to put all the flash stuff on. (or is there a way this could be fixed? like having it erase stuff it doesnt need, etc?)
This would be something nintendo would have to solve, and I doubt they would put the effort into doing it.
June 02, 2013 01:50PM
I am trying to listen to ring touns and it sounds terrible can someone help me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login