Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Playing Nintendo DS Games on the Wii

Posted by talonmalon333 
Playing Nintendo DS Games on the Wii
December 14, 2010 07:54PM
So, for a while now I've been wanting the chance to be able to play The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for the Nintendo DS, on the Wii. And it seems like WiiBrew/Homebrew is really the only option. First of all, there seems to already be an emulator for the Nintendo DS. But I still have a few questions about it.

[wiibrew.org]

How well does it work?

What games can be played with it (particularly, does Spirit Tracks work)?

On that link, it gives a list of all of the buttons that you use in replacement of the DS buttons. But... how do you use the microphone?
Re: Playing Nintendo DS Games on the Wii
December 14, 2010 09:56PM
You can't use the microphone. In short, the emulator is still in development and is not nearly complete.
December 14, 2010 10:07PM
Thanks! Do you have an estimate for when you think it could be complete?
December 14, 2010 10:09PM
That won't be for a long while. And there is no guarantee that it will work 100% with every game.
December 14, 2010 10:29PM
I would suggest that you just buy the game. It would be a lot faster. Also, anything that has to do with the microphone may NEVER work, due to the fact that the Wiispeak accessory has been discontinued. "Blowing" into it would have to be simulated, and that's not really high on the list of things to do right now. We're still working on getting the graphics right.
December 14, 2010 10:48PM
I already have the game on the DS. I just have always wanted to play it on television, too.
December 16, 2010 06:35AM
dancinninja
I would suggest that you just buy the game. It would be a lot faster. Also, anything that has to do with the microphone may NEVER work, due to the fact that the Wiispeak accessory has been discontinued. "Blowing" into it would have to be simulated, and that's not really high on the list of things to do right now. We're still working on getting the graphics right.

I'm not trying to sound demanding or anything, but Wii Speak is still available to buy, so it would be nice to have the option of using it or not. I myself have the Wii Speak, as I bought the Animal Crossing: City Folk and Wii Speak bundle.

There is also the Mic from the Rockband/ Guitar Hero games, and the new Headbanger headset.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2010 06:37AM by NintendoFreak.
December 16, 2010 09:19PM
Huh, I hadn't thought of that. Do you know if they're supported with libogc?
December 20, 2010 02:02AM
dancinninja
Huh, I hadn't thought of that. Do you know if they're supported with libogc?

Sorry, I don't know much about libogc, I'm not that savvy about Wii programming....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login