Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Noob - Wii 4.3u - SmashStack - BootMii issue - Noob

Posted by cpnobvious 
Noob - Wii 4.3u - SmashStack - BootMii issue - Noob
December 22, 2010 02:03PM
As clearly stated in my subject, I'm a NEWB, so I may need a wee bit-o-help with some lingo.

I installed the HBC last night on my US Wii (NTSC?) 4.3U last night using the Super Smash Bros Brawl exploit. I have several "issues" that I could use some help with...

1) If I go to bootMii through it, I get the screen that shows 4 options: Wii, SD, options (2 gears), and something else. At that point my controller goes black and the Wii is no longer responsive. A simple push of the reset button and I'm back up and running.

2) I have and external USB HD that I know is good and loaded with games, but if I change my HBC to USB (which it appears to allow me to) after a moment or two I see my two HBC apps that I have on the SD card... Do I need a USB loader or something in order to access the hard drive differently? What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Cpn
Re: Noob - Wii 4.3u - SmashStack - BootMii issue - Noob
December 22, 2010 04:34PM
1) That is how BootMii works. It does not work with the Wiimote. Use buttons in the front of your console: Power to change selection, Reset to confirm.

2) HBC is NOT a pirated games loader. It will only display homebrew applications installed inside your /apps folder inside either your SD or your USB. USB Loaders are not allowed in these forums, so don't mention them again.
December 22, 2010 08:07PM
1) As Axel said, Wii Remotes don't work in BootMii. You may use the Pwer, Reset, and eject buttons or a Gamecube controller.

2) We do not support nor condone loading official Wii games from USB hard drives or any other storage devices. Buy your games and use the original discs and you will have no problems.
December 22, 2010 08:22PM
My apologies... I should have been more clear. Oddly enough, I HAVE appropriately purchased my games from authorized retailers (primarily GameStop)... 2 Wii-s, 2 locations... Trying to avoid carrying games from 1 location to the other. A friend backed them up from one, but then moved b4 setting up the other.

I do not support pirating.

And I shall not mention loaders again.

Regards,

Cpn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login