Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Party (SUPJ01) on a 3.4u

Posted by CptDondo 
Wii Party (SUPJ01) on a 3.4u
January 01, 2011 05:17PM
My son's cousin gave him a Japanese Wii Party (SUPJ01) for Christmas. Now I'm trying to get it to play on a US Wii, 3.4.

I have Gecko 1.9.3 installed; the game just flashed green for a second and then goes black and the Wii is completely unresponsive.

I installed Priiloader, which is supposed make the Wii region free, but apparently it didn't work...

We have other Japanese games that work fine.

What am I missing? I have Homebrew 1.0.8, Priiloader 0.6, Gecko 1.9.3...

I updated Homebrew from 1.0.6 to 1.0.8 to get Priiloader to install without the IOS36 patch error.

When I try to run BootMii, the wii locks up completely, as in the wiimote goes dark and I have to hit the reset button to get anything to happen. I'm guessing something went wrong in the Priiloader install, but I'm not sure what. I've tried removing and reinstalling, but no joy.

Will BootMii help? If so, how do I reinstall it? Any other suggestions? Upgrade to 4.3?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2011 05:30PM by CptDondo.
Re: Wii Party (SUPJ01) on a 3.4u
January 01, 2011 10:02PM
OK, I got things sorted out... Sort of. I upgraded to 4.3, reinstalled priiloader with the correct hacks.ini, and disabled region locking. So far, so good.

Now I get the Wii Party start menu, but when I click START, the Wii goes black, the wiimote lights go out, and it's a brick until I hold the power button down for 4 seconds.

Just before it goes black, there's a sawing sound as if the CD player is hunting. Is there any way to check the integrity of a Wii CD? I'm beginning to suspect that the CD itself is bad. I hunted around the Wii System Menu, and there doesn't appear to be a "Check the media" option....

All other games play fine, so I have no idea why this one is failing.
January 02, 2011 11:13PM
Try Tinyload, found here: [www.wiibrew.org]. Unfortunately you have to go to the homebrew channel every time to do it.

WiiBrew
TinyLoad is a simple original Wii game launcher. You run it, it launches whatever's inserted into the drive. Simple. It ignores game regions, so it's region-free. It won't install updates. It won't load burned copies. There are no controls or settings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2011 11:15PM by linyuan.
January 05, 2011 07:45PM
linyuan
Try Tinyload, found here: [www.wiibrew.org]. Unfortunately you have to go to the homebrew channel every time to do it.

WiiBrew
TinyLoad is a simple original Wii game launcher. You run it, it launches whatever's inserted into the drive. Simple. It ignores game regions, so it's region-free. It won't install updates. It won't load burned copies. There are no controls or settings

OOOOR you could use priiloader, and install TinyLoad. Simply add it to the HBC like any other app, and then go to the priiloader Install/Load File option, install it, set autoboot to Installed File. But before you do that, I think you should update priiloader to the latest version, if it is not already. But before you do THAT update to System Menu 4.3 via dop-mii. Add it to HBC like any other app, run it, use the top option to install other IOS, and install System Menu 4.3.. Then install priiloader, and for region free you need hacks, which you can download from the priiloader page. SO to clarify.
1. Install System Menu 4.3 with dop-mii.
2. Install the latest Priiloader.
3. Turn on your desired Priiloader hacks.
4. Install TinyLoad to Priiloader.
5. Set TinyLoad to Priiloader autoboot
January 05, 2011 09:09PM
I agree.

metroid_maniac
linyuan

WiiBrew

OOOOR you could use priiloader, and install TinyLoad. Simply add it to the HBC like any other app, and then go to the priiloader Install/Load File option, install it, set autoboot to Installed File. But before you do that, I think you should update priiloader to the latest version, if it is not already. But before you do THAT update to System Menu 4.3 via dop-mii. Add it to HBC like any other app, run it, use the top option to install other IOS, and install System Menu 4.3.. Then install priiloader, and for region free you need hacks, which you can download from the priiloader page. SO to clarify.
1. Install System Menu 4.3 with dop-mii.
2. Install the latest Priiloader.
3. Turn on your desired Priiloader hacks.
4. Install TinyLoad to Priiloader.
5. Set TinyLoad to Priiloader autoboot
December 23, 2011 11:40PM
OK, almost a year later and still no joy. I have a Japanese Wii and an American Wii sitting side by side. My guess is that there's a WOD I'm missing on the American Wii. Is there some easy way to compare the two? And hopefully copy the wod I need to the US Wii?
December 24, 2011 02:50AM
What is a WOD? If you're American Wii is fully updated then it should have no problems running Wii Play Party with Gecko OS (or TinyLoad or Priiloader Hacks).

EDIT: Got names mixed up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2011 05:14AM by bg4545.
December 24, 2011 04:15AM
nope. It's particular to Japanese Wii Party; it hangs the American Wii. Other Japanese games work fine.

I've tried TinyLoader as well as disabling region checking with Priiloader As soon as I start, the screen goes black and the wiimote loses contact. I have to power cycle the wii to get it back.
December 24, 2011 05:09AM
priiloader and geckoOS have nothing to do with each other. the hacks you apply with priiloader are not in effect when you boot anything that is not the system menu. there is no WAD you need. geckoOS will read the required WAD from the game install it if it needs to be done.

most likely you have a language issue. some games have hardcoded filenames like "/gamedata/{console region}/strapscreen.tpl". but they are expecting that since the game is for only japanese consoles, they would only ever need to have "/gamedata/JP/strapscreen.tpl". so, in you case, it would try to load "/gamedata/US/strapscreen.tpl". bet the file doesnt exist, so it hangs.

other examples are when you play the japanese lego starwars and your wii is set to english. the game will boot, but it cant display any of the text. the game handles it gracefully enough not to crash, but unless you had played the game before and know what all the menus were supposed to say, it would become extremely difficult.

basically this is what you get. you are trying to use teh game and the console in a way that was it was not designed to be used. sometimes it doesnt work just because you want it to. even if you want it to really, really hard.
December 25, 2011 05:23PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2020 02:26AM by parrotgeek1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login