Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updating to play certain Wii Game Disks

Posted by guthrieandres 
Updating to play certain Wii Game Disks
January 17, 2011 09:08PM
I just finished doing the Indiana Pwns on my Wii, and everything seems to be working fine. I did my NAND Backup and followed the guide. The issue I'm having now is that I'm unable to play certain Wii Games, including Rock Band and Super Smash Bros Brawl. In the disc channel icon it says I need to update my Wii to play these games. Oddly, Wii Play and and Wii Sports work just fine and don't mention any updates necessary. Is this due to WiiConnect24 being turned off? How do I fix this issue so I can play my favorite games? Is it safe to just do the update? I'd assume not. Advice appreciated.
Re: Updating to play certain Wii Game Disks
January 17, 2011 10:19PM
It has nothing to do with WiiConnect24. It is because the discs have a higher version of the system software than your Wii does. It is safe to update from them, or if you'd like you can skip the updates by running your games with Gecko OS.
January 17, 2011 10:20PM
If you have the latest version of HBC, 1.0.8 you can update to 4.3 and it won't be deleted. If not you can use gecko os to play the disc that need a update, it should also tell you what the game needs to update to play.
January 19, 2011 02:11PM
Where did you get your copy of Indiana Jones from?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login