Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii updated to 4.2u homebrew gone but channels remain

Posted by chaos 
wii updated to 4.2u homebrew gone but channels remain
January 23, 2011 07:39AM
I softmoded my 3.2u wii and my son put a bought game and updated my wii to 4.2u. I can still play backups but the update removed the hb channel. I am trying to reinstall using hackmii v.0.6 and v.0.8. I tells me that for the hb channel and for dvdx "there isn't a usable IOS for the channel" for the bootmii it says "the installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2). I still have my warez channels and internet channel that all work. My question is, is there a hombrew channel wad that i can install or how can i repair this to get the homebrew channel?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 06:46AM by bg4545.
Re: wii updated to 4.2u homebrew gone but channels remain
January 23, 2011 11:37AM
The reason you can't install the Homebrew Channel is because you probably messed up by installing some stuff like DARKCORP. Grab yourself a wad of IOS 58 through NUS Downloader and install it, then you should install Homebrew Channel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2011 11:39AM by metroid_maniac.
January 24, 2011 12:29AM
Thanx man!!!
January 24, 2011 11:17AM
Whow, you mention a lot of piracy stuff in your post, the big red text didn't get your attention?
February 10, 2011 09:16PM
Im a noob here and I just installed HB to my wii. I am still on 3.2U, and because of HBC this is the only reason I turn on my wii. Be thanks to all the people who put together the emulators and found the hacks. MY question is this, if I wnated to play new game prior to September of 2010 (4.3U) could I get 4.2 and still run HBC?

If so is there a way to just update to 4.2U on a USB of memory card? I really dont want to lose the HBC.
February 10, 2011 10:19PM
Just update the HBC to the current version then update to 4.3. Once you have the current HBC updating won't delete it.
February 11, 2011 10:05PM
If you are not connected to the internet, you can install system menu 4.3 via DOP Mii and NUS Downloader
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login