Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii resets when launching Wii channels in Gecko

Posted by PetMetroid 
Wii resets when launching Wii channels in Gecko
March 28, 2011 11:08AM
I am guessing that this may be a HBC or IOS related problem, so am posting it here instead of the Applications category.

I always seem to have the problem of not being able to launch channels in Gecko without it resetting the Wii to the System Menu. I seem to remember fixing this before, but for whatever reason, the problem keeps coming back and I forget what I did to fix it. I'm running the HBC on IOS 58, but I don't remember what version of it. Could anyone here tell me what parameters are needed, or what may be conflicting, to allow Gecko to work without resetting the Wii (or reloading the IOS I assume might be happening?)

P.S. When I load games in Gecko, I get that nasty high frequency audio pass which sounds like online radio. I also forget if whether or not this happens every single time. Is this due to the same problem?

EDIT: NVM, I got it too work. But... I didn't do anything. The "nasty noise" will normally still persist if the Wii is ever reloaded, but I've read somewhere that's a common quirk that won't be fixed (sure would be nice, keep that in mind Twizzers.)
As for my reloading problem with channels in Gecko, please try to look into that, because I always have this problem and IDK how it happens or how I fix it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 11:31PM by PetMetroid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login