Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reverting to Official State

Posted by RazorChrist 
Reverting to Official State
May 11, 2011 02:46AM
Just a quick question guys. I installed HBC on a friend's Wii, but he's selling it to someone else that wants nothing to do with HBC. Is there a best/proper way of removing all trace of Homebrew on the Wii, so that it can be officially updated (if needed) without risk of brick? We've already removed the HBC channel. Is there anything more that needs to be done?
Re: Reverting to Official State
May 11, 2011 04:48PM
try the "format" option in the end of the wii settings
May 11, 2011 06:52PM
If you want to be very thorough, you could use ohneswarzenegger (find it here: [forum.wiibrew.org] ), take a NAND dump with BootMii/boot2, use that tool to "format" the NAND dump, and then install the latest set of updates (I believe there is an option to do this automatically in the software), then restore the NAND dump with BootMii/boot2, and finally run HackMii Installer's bootmini.elf via BootMii and use it to uninstall BootMii/boot2 and BootMii/IOS. Then the Wii is in a near factory state software wise.

This is all assuming you can install BootMii/boot2 on the Wii. If not, I'd advise running HackMii Installer again and uninstalling BootMii/IOS (it is auto installed by HackMii Installer, so its probably on the Wii), and then doing a format.
May 12, 2011 05:04AM
Thanks for the tips guys. @Owen, I originally thought about formatting, but they want to keep the channels they got from shop channel as well as their game saves. On another note, I don't think formatting takes care of everything. I think it does about as much as simply removing HBC/bootmii does. @Sif, I'll check out ohneswarzenegger and see how it works. I really can't go more into detail about what needs to be removed without violating forum policy, so I'll check out the link and see if that helps.
May 12, 2011 07:13PM
Well ohneswarzenegger removes EVERYTHING installed, so it doesn't matter what it is.
May 18, 2011 01:10AM
Is there any kind of readme or guide on using ohneswarzenegger floating around? I figured out the nandcheck tool, just trying to figure ohneswarzenegger out. I'm using a backup of my personal nand as a test, so no worries if it screws up the nand.bin, cus I won't be restoring it to my wii anyway. Just want to play around with the tools to get the hang of them.
May 18, 2011 01:32AM
This video should help: [www.youtube.com]
And you can look at this page: [www.wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2011 01:33AM by bg4545.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login