Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My wii wont boot up help me please

Posted by thedr3w1983 
My wii wont boot up help me please
May 25, 2011 01:08PM
Hi im new to this wii seen and ive had a wii given me but its not working when i switch it on it comes up with a gray screen and it says this:

SYSTEMMENU
HOMEBREW CHANNEL
INSTALLED FILE

LOAD/INSTALL FILE
SYSEM MENU HACKS
SETTINGS

ERROR AUTOBOOTING SYSTEMMENU !
TICKET NOT FOUND!

ISO V30
SYSTEM MENU v290 preloader V0.28

Could someone please help me i dont want to play homebrews or anything like that just normal games does any one know how to fix this and put the wii back to normal
Re: My wii wont boot up help me please
May 25, 2011 02:37PM
Yeah that's Preloader. Just use the Wii Remote (d-pad and A button) to select "SYSTEM MENU" to start up the Wii. If you want it to autostart normally, go to "SETTINGS" and change the autoboot to "SYSTEM MENU".

Also, it seems you have a very old System Menu. Seeing as you said you don't care about homebrew, my advice once you get past Preloader, go into Settings, setup WiFi and then do an update. This will remove Preloader and most other homebrew that is likely to be on the Wii. If there's any other strange channels either delete them in Settings or do a System Format in Settings (this will wipe everything, making the Wii like new; but there are still traces of homebrew)
May 25, 2011 06:53PM
SifJar
Yeah that's Preloader. Just use the Wii Remote (d-pad and A button) to select "SYSTEM MENU" to start up the Wii. If you want it to autostart normally, go to "SETTINGS" and change the autoboot to "SYSTEM MENU".

Also, it seems you have a very old System Menu. Seeing as you said you don't care about homebrew, my advice once you get past Preloader, go into Settings, setup WiFi and then do an update. This will remove Preloader and most other homebrew that is likely to be on the Wii. If there's any other strange channels either delete them in Settings or do a System Format in Settings (this will wipe everything, making the Wii like new; but there are still traces of homebrew)

I don't think the System Menu exists at the time. Maybe using DOP-Mii from Wads? I'm too lazy to type it up now...
May 25, 2011 08:14PM
System Menu must exist or else Preloader cannot boot, as it relies on System Menu booting for itself to get booted.
May 25, 2011 09:00PM
Wait what? I'm confused... The system menu doesn't have to exist for preloader to work, does it?
May 25, 2011 09:44PM
Yeah, it does. Preloader replaces the System Menu DOL with itself and renames the SM DOL, which it can then load. But everything other than the SM DOL itself MUST be present for Preloader to get booted. That's how it works.
May 26, 2011 08:01PM
Right OK, so does that only include Boot0-2?
May 26, 2011 08:50PM
Huh? Boot0-2 are all BEFORE SM. They also need to be intact. When I say the rest of SM apart from DOL I mean the other contents of SM (there are several, mostly archives containing images, brlyts, health screens etc.), as well as the TMD and ticket (if there is one, not sure if SM has a ticket).
May 26, 2011 09:10PM
Right OK, so is it only the TMD and ticket? Because apparently it's not there
May 26, 2011 09:24PM
Oh, I didn't read the whole first post. Now I feel silly. Yeah, it looks like the ticket is missing. So yeah, reinstall with dop-Mii by loading Homebrew Channel and then loading dop-Mii from there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login