Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What Would Be The Steps To Get ARC?

Posted by Luigi886 
What Would Be The Steps To Get ARC?
June 07, 2011 05:53PM
Hi, I'm going to get ARC. Yes I know it bricks, but for reasons maybe a few of you know, I don't care.

Now, would I have to downgrade before getting it? Or is it possible that this IOS can get ARC?

Please and thanks. :)
Re: What Would Be The Steps To Get ARC?
June 07, 2011 06:25PM
Assuming you mean AnyRegion Changer, I'm pretty sure DOP-Mii can do everything it can. And requires no patched IOS or stupid, dangerous, pointless downgrades. And FYI "is it possible that this IOS can get ARC?" is a useless question. We have NO idea what IOS you are talking about or the revision of said IOS. ARC will only run on an IOS36 that accepts fakesignatures (i.e. the first revision or a later revision patched).
June 07, 2011 07:52PM
Sorry, forgot to add I have a 4.3U Wii.

Will this still let me do this?
June 07, 2011 08:14PM
That still doesn't tell us what IOS you are referring to. If you performed a regular update, we then know what set of IOS you have, but you implied you wanted to know if a singular IOS would work here, without specifying which. And if you mean will dop-Mii work, then yes. If you mean will AnyRegion Changer work, then no.
June 07, 2011 08:14PM
ARC won't work on your Wii.
June 09, 2011 01:07AM
Alright, well, would downgrading my Wii to 3.3U make it possible?
June 09, 2011 01:12AM
Its not recommended to downgrade, some would say it not advisable to it can brick your wii when you update and cause other problems as well.
June 10, 2011 07:37AM
Fine, if you REALLY want to, use anyregion changer to change the system and game region and then dop-MII to change the system menu region. DO not install 3.2 from anyregion changer or dop-Mii
June 21, 2011 08:41AM
AFAIK Dop-mii does not edit sysconf or setting.txt to do any region changes. Perhaps that has recently changed, but I don't think so.
Don't use ARC to install the system menu, you don't wan't to downgrade to 3.2.
ARC requires ios36 to have es-identify. The only wiibrew supported method to restore es-identify to ios36 is to install ios36-v1042. If ARC hangs when you load it, your wii is new and does not run on older ios and would brick if you downgraded system ios and menu to 3.2 level. Once you have a functional ios36 with es-identify you can proceed.

1- Install region select, elua channel for your region you are changing to. If you fail to install these you will have opera brick if you format wii settings
2- Install SM 4.3 of the region you like
3- exit to HBC
4- Install Priiloader
5- Run ARC, change all region settings to match the installed system menu.

Note: If you do ever ignore the advice here and choice to downgrade, you must replace all stubbed system ios files with functional versions. Also new wii do not run on older ios, so don't go below 4.1, or install ios60-v6174 into ios slot 30. Best to stick with a 4.x system menu, no need to go to 3.x.

Perhaps someone will make a wiibrew supported ARC that does not install 3.x system menu or use ios36, some day perhaps. Hint, hint, wink, wink. The current ARC that install 3.2 SM is a very big brick risk, very bad, very bad. Don't use it to install SM. There was a mod of ARC that installed SM 4.1, but it is no longer listed. Not sure what happened to it.

Note 2: Do not restart your wii until the region change is complete. Always exit to HBC, then load the next app, exit back to HBC.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2011 08:46AM by mauifrog.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login