Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Priiloader?

Posted by ACCFHacker 
Priiloader?
June 29, 2011 07:20PM
Ok so I recently installed homebrew on my friends Wii. Anyways, I installled bootmii as an IOS and decided to install priiloader for some minor brick protection but the problem is, I can't find instructions for installing priiloader. Also if any of you know of something that offers better brick protection than priiloader that would be great.
Thanks
Re: Priiloader?
June 29, 2011 07:42PM
BootMii/boot2 is the only real brick protection available. Priiloader is mediocre at best. Recent releases can easily cause a brick when installing if the Wii it is being installed on doesn't have a WiFi connection setup. This is due to a bug in HBC, but the developer of Priiloader still insists on releasing updates with this bricking bug. If you have a WiFi connection on the Wii, it is relatively safe though, you just run the installer from HBC. No instructions are really necessary its a very simple process.

However, it does not give a great deal of brick protection. It can fix banner bricks and theme bricks, but provided you don't mess with custom channels or themes (both somewhat unnecessary in my opinion), you won't need to fix those. It can help a little in the case of region semi-bricks, but provided you don't update from an out of region game, again there will be no need for that. And in most cases, they can be fixed without Priiloader.

The "serious" bricks (System Menu corruption or deletion, System Menu IOS corruption or deletion, other full bricks) can't be fixed with Priiloader. But it does have other features which may be useful to your friend. Anyway, I hope this post is of some help to you.
July 02, 2011 10:19PM
SifJar
BootMii/boot2 is the only real brick protection available. Priiloader is mediocre at best. Recent releases can easily cause a brick when installing if the Wii it is being installed on doesn't have a WiFi connection setup. This is due to a bug in HBC, but the developer of Priiloader still insists on releasing updates with this bricking bug
i should punch you in the face really.
do your homework before you bluntly say anything

that, or be more specific then "recent releases", since 0.7 is included in that; and it doesn't brick
July 05, 2011 06:00AM
Sound to me like he got it right. Except for not pointing out that 0.7 includes other people's code without permission, and that the author's a prick.
July 05, 2011 06:32PM
daco, I apologize if I offended you. I had forgotten you had "fixed" it. (Although as tueidj pointed out, you did so using code you did not have permission to use).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login