Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about BootMii (not the beta)

Posted by Videogamer 
Question about BootMii (not the beta)
July 27, 2011 01:10AM
A couple minutes ago I mistakenly posted this question int the Bootmii beta section. But really it belongs here:

Now I have a not-the-latest version of Bootmii. And I have it booting before the System Menu. Now if I buy a new Wii game that installs a new menu, it will try to install it as the first thing, but the install procedure will be meant to overwrite the old sys menu. It's not designed to overwrite the Bootmi, but that's what it will end up TRYING to overwrite I fear, and I am affraid that would corrupt the entire system and brick my Wii. How do I prevent this? Is there some kind of thing similar to Bootmii that I can install that maybe runs in the background, and prevents automatic updates from running from a game disk. I'm not talking about illegal piracy things that would permit loading bootlegs. I'm talking just about something that would intercept the communication of data from the disk in a way that would ONLY prevent system updates from auto-running? Or is there another solution, to this? If it will brick my Wii as I fear, then is there some way to prevent auto updates?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2011 01:10AM by Videogamer.
Re: Question about BootMii (not the beta)
July 27, 2011 04:59AM
1. There are no automatic updates on the Wii whatsoever.
2. Updates do not affect BootMii as boot2 (unless boot2 is updated).
If you are on 4.2 or 4.3 System Menu you should already have the newest boot2 and the update will not affect it. If you are lower than 4.2 you can update with the game but BootMii will be removed. You can re-install BootMii after the update and it will work as it does now.
So, in short, if you are lower than 4.2 you should make sure you have the latest Homebrew Channel (1.0.8) and then update the Wii using either your game disc or the online update which can be found in the Wii Settings. After this you should install BootMii as boot2 again (the latest version as well).
If you are on 4.2 or 4.3 then just update as I said before and you will not have to worry about BootMii being removed or bricking your Wii.
Re: Question about BootMii (not the beta)
July 27, 2011 01:13PM
FYI, BootMii is still beta. There is no non-beta version of it at the moment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login