Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LetterBomb Doesn't Work for me!

Posted by sync23 
LetterBomb Doesn't Work for me!
August 10, 2011 04:34PM
I need help with LetterBomb. I had decided to install the HBC and I found several options for installing it. Unfortunately, I couldn't use any of them because my Wii was version 4.3 (it ruled out BannerBomb) and I didn't have any games to be used with the other exploits (i.e SmashStack). Soon I found LetterBomb and decided to install it using that with an SDHC. Going to the messageboard, I then found the letter as described on WiiBrew and here. As soon as I clicked on the letter, my Wii hanged. I had used WiiBrew instructions first so I switched to SillyGames' instructions but it still hanged. I looked on WiiBrew's forum but it doesn't seem that much people talk about LetterBomb. Could someone tell me what I did wrong or could you give me a link to a reliable instructions for using LetterBomb?

Thanks for replying
Re: LetterBomb Doesn't Work for me!
August 10, 2011 07:50PM
You need to make sure you chose the right region and entered the right MAC address when you downloaded it.
This guide may help: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
August 10, 2011 09:20PM
Not quite sure what i'm doing wrong. I've put in my Mac Address Twice.. I have the Private Folder and the boot.elf saved to the root of my sd
I put it in my wii and turn it on, and go to my message board but no letter bomb appears...
If you can, Help me.
August 11, 2011 12:33AM
You must have chosen the wrong region. You need to click the circle for your region when you download it. If you are in the USA then choose 4.3U. 4.3E is the default setting so if you left it in that then it won't work.
August 11, 2011 09:30AM
4.3U is now the default setting on the please.hackmii.com website... read into that what you will. :D

@third: If the message won't appear and you're sure you've done everything properly, maybe reformat the card or try using a different one. For some reason one of my SD cards (out of my collection of 12) refuses to show messages on the message board, even though it works for launching channels and storing savegames.

Edit: it's starting to look like the message board may have some sort of issue with 16GB cards. This isn't really surprising since I don't think the SD message code was tested much - if you've filled your message board and seen the "engrish" prompts it gives when it's about to move stuff, you probably know what I mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2011 08:46AM by tueidj.
August 13, 2011 09:02PM
Also, I have read reports (although haven't seen any validation on this) that there needs to be at least one message on your Wii. So make a memo and save it if you don't have any messages on there.
August 14, 2011 04:46AM
That's true, but unlikely to be an issue unless you've just bought the wii and never played a single game (daily logs count as messages).
July 22, 2012 07:58PM
i have typed in my mac address and put 4.3e because i am in Europe i have also got bundle the hackmii installer for me ticked off but when i type the freaky words correctly, it wont let me click on cut red wire or blue even that i have done everything correct it comes up but when i click on it nothing happens it shows up white as well.

can you help me...
July 22, 2012 08:05PM
Try Wilbrand instead. (It's the same exploit, but made by a different person). Download the program from here: [www.sendspace.com] and run it to generate the exploit for your Wii, and then put the files on your SD card and do the rest the same as you would do LetterBomb.
July 23, 2012 09:09PM
I will try it out thank you.
July 23, 2012 09:12PM
will it still work for 4.3?
July 23, 2012 09:33PM
Gonna finish this with important info.
December 25, 2012 05:22PM
Ok now listen,

You have to select your region, type in the right MAC, AND... in case no one has told you this yet...

You have to format the SD card that you use for letterbomb. Formatting the SD card clears off everything on it, so use a blank SD card or your files will be deleted. To format I think you have to right click on the SD card in the menu and click on format. If it isn't there then click on it and when you see the controls at the type like Open and all of that click on format if it is there.

Hope this solves the problem.

Another thing I am having trouble with is I forgot to put in the spam prevention code ONE TIME and it kicks me out! Help please!
Wilbrand
December 25, 2012 05:30PM
It doesn't give me the files. It just does nothing.
Re: Gonna finish this with important info.
December 25, 2012 11:28PM
Brandonator365
Ok now listen,

You have to select your region, type in the right MAC, AND... in case no one has told you this yet...

You have to format the SD card that you use for letterbomb. Formatting the SD card clears off everything on it, so use a blank SD card or your files will be deleted. To format I think you have to right click on the SD card in the menu and click on format. If it isn't there then click on it and when you see the controls at the type like Open and all of that click on format if it is there.

Hope this solves the problem.

Another thing I am having trouble with is I forgot to put in the spam prevention code ONE TIME and it kicks me out! Help please!

Formatting should not be necessary provided the card is in the correct format to begin with (FAT32, the default format for SD cards).
July 05, 2013 04:53AM
I did put the right mac address and put the right region but it does not show up.
July 05, 2013 05:12AM
On the wii
July 05, 2013 12:53PM
Make sure the wii's date is set correctly.
December 15, 2013 05:41AM
Hi all,
I too cannot get my Wii to see or bring up letter bomb. I have attempted the following:
1. Format SD (ms-dos Fat 16)
2. Insure I have the correct date and time on Wii.
3. Check to see that I am running 4.3 operating system.
4. Entered correct MAC address and region in to hackmii when downloading file.
5. Doubling check to see if the file was moved over to SD card.

Any ideas?
Thank you ahead of time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login