Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i lost my bootmii folder

Posted by alienseeder 
i lost my bootmii folder
October 16, 2011 08:34PM
Hi I have a question about how to get bootmii back after i lost the folder

I recently had to reset my PC to Out of the box condition and forgot to make a backup of my bootmii folder and nand backup which were stored on my pc (for safe keeping lol)

i need to run bootmii to make a new nand backup but i cant because my pc HD was reformated durring the PC reset

i was wondering if i could just download the bootmii folder/files somewhere and just put them on my SD

or do i have to rehack my wii?

thanks in advance for any help

NOTE: bootmii is installed as ios on my wii
Re: i lost my bootmii folder
October 16, 2011 09:34PM
In order to get the files you need for BootMii you can run the HackMii Installer (from the HBC) and then select "Prepare SD card"
October 17, 2011 12:13AM
so i download the hackmii installer and extract it and put the files on the root of my sd then run the homebrew channel and i will see the hackmii installer in my apps list?

nevermind i figured it out i put the extracted files in the apps folder and am making a nand backup as i edit this post thankyou for the quick accurate response

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2011 12:31AM by alienseeder.
October 17, 2011 02:25AM
Yeah, no problem. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions
January 24, 2012 03:37AM
bg4545
In order to get the files you need for BootMii you can run the HackMii Installer (from the HBC) and then select "Prepare SD card"

I kind of got the same problem but I can't get to the hackmii installer (from the HBC) therefor I can't select "Prepare SD card". Whenever I go to the HBC & try to launch it,my console starts blinking & my screen goes black??? ANY IDEA????????????
January 24, 2012 03:58AM
Run the HackMii Installer with the HBC, don't choose "Launch BootMii". To run the HackMii Installer frim the HBC, put the "boot.elf" file in its own folder inside the apps folder (on your SD card). For example SD:/apps/HackMii/boot.elf

Next time you can create your own topic rather than posting in others. Also, don't mention warez loaders; read the forum rules.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login