Safe to update after uninstalling homebrew and reformatting wii?
October 22, 2011 06:55PM
Hi, I'm very nervous about bricking my wii and have decided after installing homebrew that I will not attempt to mess with anything. So I have uninstalled the Homebrew Channel and reformatted my wii. Is it perfectly safe to update the wii now without the chance of bricking?

Thanks for your help!
Re: Safe to update after uninstalling homebrew and reformatting wii?
October 22, 2011 08:47PM
LesterC01
Hi, I'm very nervous about bricking my wii and have decided after installing homebrew that I will not attempt to mess with anything. So I have uninstalled the Homebrew Channel and reformatted my wii. Is it perfectly safe to update the wii now without the chance of bricking?

Thanks for your help!

Installing the Homebrew Channel by itself cannot brick your wii, although there are apps that are dangerous. If you have not messed with anything that damages your wii then yes it is safe to update your wii without bricking.
October 22, 2011 08:57PM
Yes, you have no greater chance of bricking your Wii now than if you had never installed homebrew (although installing homebrew does not change that risk in the slightest). There is ALWAYS a small chance of a brick from any update, but the chance is minimal, and if it does occur, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with homebrew.
October 22, 2011 09:05PM
Ok, great. Thanks for the answers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login