Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updating wii.. will i lose my Homebrew?

Posted by zelda666 
Updating wii.. will i lose my Homebrew?
November 11, 2011 10:07PM
its been almost 3 or 4 years since ive updated my wii.. I have version 3.3U

I want to update my wii because i want to go into the shop channel and downloaded the nexflix application.

But im afraid of updating it.. im afraid it will delete my homebrew, i have the new homebrew, everything works well.

what advice?? help!
Re: Updating wii.. will i lose my Homebrew?
November 11, 2011 11:29PM
If you have the most current version of HBC then you can update to 4.3 and keep the HBC it will not get deleted.
November 12, 2011 12:29AM
Just confirming what dirtrider73068 said, homebrew will not be deleted by an update.
November 12, 2011 03:37AM
thanks alot!, i updated my wii and everything is working great!
November 16, 2011 12:36AM
Hi there!

I bought my Wii (4.3e) recently and I've installed the Homebrew with no problems at all.

Today I bought the game "We Sing UK hits" (60€ with two Logitech microphones). When I try to launch the game directly from the Wii home appears an update message that says something like "unauthorized applications will be removed". Furthermore, it says that if don't want to accept the update then I can shutdown the Wii pressing the button 4 seconds but there is a chance that I will not be able to play the game anymore. I don't believe that, it must be totally illegal, but I'm really afraid about Homebrew being removed. Is that possible? Above you said NO, but I red somewhere else that this specific game installs a firmware version newer than 4.3e. I don't know really what I should do. Did anybody install this update without no problems?

It occurred to me that maybe I could launch the game via Homebrew channel. I tried to do it and the game launched nicely but it does not recognize the microphone... any workaround for this?

Thank you very much in advance!
November 16, 2011 02:07AM
you can perform the disc update since you're on 4.3 already. it will probably just install the IOS that's necessary for the microphone to work.
November 19, 2011 03:03PM
Finally I did update my Wii and Homebrew channel is there. However when I try to launch the USBloaderGX I get the message "Any cioS loaded. Yo need cioS 222 or 245-250". What should I do?

Thanks in advance!
November 19, 2011 03:04PM
I also have a concern. I had Homebrew (Still do, it works great as always), and I just updated my Wii. Everything works fine, but I'm worried about whether or not Skyward Sword will need a disc update. All I have is the HBC, the bootmii I needed to make it work (It might've been removed, not sure), and Gecko (Stuff I use to hack Brawl). Should I be concerned?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2011 03:43PM by Else.
November 19, 2011 03:35PM
ruxerruxe
Finally I did update my Wii and Homebrew channel is there. However when I try to launch the USBloaderGX I get the message "Any cioS loaded. Yo need cioS 222 or 245-250". What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

What you should do is read the rules of the forum. NO BACKUPS, NO USB LOADERS, NO CIOS.

Else
I also have a concern. I had Homebrew (Still do, it works great as always), and I just updated my Wii. Everything works fine, but I'm worried about whether or not Skyward Sword will need a disc update. All I have is the HBC, the bootmii I needed to make it work (It might've been removed, not sure), and Gecko (Stuff I use to hack Brawl). Should I be concerned?

SS may still prompt you for a disc update, but if so, it will only be trying to install placeholder versions of some channels you can get in the shop channel. If you already have them, it won't prompt for an update, but if you don't it will and will install useless versions of them that do nothing. It's a completely pointless thing Nintendo have started doing recently. You can accept the update and nothing "bad" will happen if you are already fully updated via WiFi.

On a side note, please refrain from posting in different colours. It is annoying to read, there is a reason the default is black.
November 19, 2011 07:45PM
SifJar
ruxerruxe

Thanks in advance!

What you should do is read the rules of the forum. NO BACKUPS, NO USB LOADERS, NO CIOS.

I apologize for that.

Just to mention that I could fix the issue and everything is working again
January 16, 2012 10:02PM
Bump

I already have 4.3U on my Wii and its asking me to update again. Will this cost me my current homebrew setup? I don't want it to get bricked.
January 16, 2012 10:45PM
It'll probably just install a few IOS. If you already have 4.3, HBC won't get removed by the update. Nor should BootMii/boot2 if you have it. BootMii/IOS might, not sure, but it can be easily reinstalled if you use it.
January 17, 2012 02:01AM
To anyone who's having difficulty with loading your games on 4.3 software and is still getting the disk update message, try Priiloader and disable disk update messages. This will allow your games to be played from the Wii Menu directly instead of requiring another loader.
January 17, 2012 03:40AM
Or you could just update, lose nothing and not risk messing around with briickloader.
November 19, 2012 08:29AM
i have homebrew and i believe 4.3u but it wont let me update. what can i do? i need to update my wii in order for me to use my netflix or shop channel
November 19, 2012 11:50AM
Do you have priiloader? If so you have probably got the stupid block online updates hack enabled. Disable it and try again. If you are on 4.3, it won't wipe out priiloader. If you're actually lower than that, the update will delete priiloader but you can just reinstall it afterwards.
January 05, 2013 02:57AM
Hi guys

I have a 4.3 wii console . Recently ,I downloaded Hbc, uloader, coverfloader... I was able to copy some games onto a USB and was able to play them.
Last week , I updated my wii by mistake. Now everything crashed. Iam not able to copy or play any games. Please help. I have no clue about what to do.
January 05, 2013 02:58AM
Thanks in advance.
January 05, 2013 03:04AM
Warez loaders are not supported here. Thread closed.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.