Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skyward Sword IOS

Posted by kobalobasileus 
Skyward Sword IOS
November 25, 2011 01:46AM
Does Skyward Sword require a specific IOS version like New Super Mario Bros. Wii? My copy of the game is still in the mail, but I'd like to know if I need to fire up DOP-Mii in order to play it once it arrives.
Re: Skyward Sword IOS
November 25, 2011 05:27PM
Every game requires a specific IOS, that's how the Wii works. If you don't have the necessary IOS, the disc will prompt you to update when you try to play. Provided your HBC is up to date, the update is "safe" to install (by "safe" I mean no more dangerous than any other update - when updating system software there are always risks involved) and won't remove anything.
November 25, 2011 10:46PM
That's not the answer I was looking for, SifJar. I'm not a homebrew noob; I've been at this for a while. I have my Wii configured for System Menu 4.2, I use StartPatch to block disc updates, and do all of the updates I actually NEED through DOP-Mii. I will never run an official Nintendo update again.

I just wanted to know if Skyward Sword, like NSMBW, requires a specific IOS version to run. Every other Wii game (that I know of) aside from NSMBW (and the shop channel, but that's not really a game) doesn't care if the IOS it uses is "up to date."

The answer I'm looking for is:
Skyward Sword runs on IOS ______. It (requires/does not require) version ______. (Please fill in the blanks.)

Thanks.
November 25, 2011 11:30PM
Well, then you are talking about the revision, not the version. Every game runs on a specific IOS version, few require specific revisions of said version. e.g. IOS36 - the version is "36". Commonly the revision is referred to as the version (for example, IOS36v1042 - the revision here is 1042).

Anyway, I have no idea if Skyward Sword requires a specific revision of it's IOS or not. Regardless you should have ALL IOS fully updated to their latest revisions. There are reasons they get updated, so it is unwise to keep out of date revisions.
November 26, 2011 01:04AM
I've heard Skyward Sword uses IOS56 but does not require an updated revision. You should be good to go.
November 30, 2011 05:10AM
I have HBC installed on system 4.2U also- (Wode), i had updated my Priloader to make sure I had the latest running before running my Skyward Sword retail copy, it did not ask me to update the system menu at my first initial running of the game, of course i had google on this before running my game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login