Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Removing Homebrew to send to Nintendo for DVD Drive Repair?

Posted by DJHoboMan 
Removing Homebrew to send to Nintendo for DVD Drive Repair?
February 19, 2012 09:01PM
So about 3 months ago, my Wii started making strange clicking, sometimes grinding noises while playing disks. I ignored it and continued to play. Yesterday, I finished playing a Gamecube game and removed the disk. I then inserted a Wii game. Just normal stuff here. But the disk doesn't read. It takes disks in, but doesn't spin. So I unplug everything and try again in the morning. Nothing but a dead drive. Every other component of the system, both hardware and software, work fine.
My question is if there is a way to make sure Nintendo doesn't detect my Homebrew channel while they repair it, as I plan on sending it to them. I did it with Letterbomb, and don't have much else on there.

TL;DR:My DVD drive is broke, how do I get rid of homebrew so that Ninty don't see it when they repair it.
Will they even look that far into it when it's just the drive itself and not a brick?
Re: Removing Homebrew to send to Nintendo for DVD Drive Repair?
February 19, 2012 11:19PM
They have been known to look, and there's no real way to hide it completely. You can uninstall HBC, but they can still tell it was there at one point. They might not look too hard though, so you could try just uninstalling HBC and sending it in. I personally haven't had any experience with Nintendo's customer service (thankfully), so I can't say for sure what will happen.
February 20, 2012 09:11AM
Thanks for your sharing. Have a nice day!---trgfvc0220
February 20, 2012 09:02PM
Well I have most of the homebrew gone for the most part, but the only noticeable modification now is that when it turns on, the drive flashes twice.
Is there a way to make the drive not flash twice?
February 20, 2012 09:06PM
Uninstall BootMii by running the HackMii Installer (if you have got rid of HBC already, run HackMii Installer via some exploit - LetterBomb if you're on 4.3, Bannerbomb if you're on 4.0-4.2)
March 01, 2012 02:46AM
Well they returned it unrepaired, and with some of the rubber feet missing. Oh well.
Moral of the story: If you have a disk drive error, and homebrew on your wii, take things into your own hands. Don't waste time like I did.
So who wants to help me on the new problem that arose from this one?
Mo problems
March 17, 2012 06:36PM
I think the only way to do it is run the nand.bin formater, and that would probably only work for bootmii ios users. If you have boot2 bootmii, your probably screwed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login