Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii remote stops when Homebrew browser starts

Posted by cakhcaa 
Wii remote stops when Homebrew browser starts
March 15, 2012 09:54PM
Hi

Homebrew browser loads correctly but after checking icons there is no response.The wiimote doesn't respond, again have to reboot wii and again the same problem.Wii version 4.3u.Any help will be highly appreciated.

In other words the homebrew browser loads properly and comes up with the screen where there are icons like emulators, games, utilities etc but I am not able to use my remote to access the icons.It seems as if the remote has stopped functioning.I can't see the hand icon which otherwise my remote shows.

Please help.

Thanks
Re: Wii remote stops when Homebrew browser starts
March 15, 2012 10:30PM
This is because the Homebrew Browser has not been updated to support newer Wii remotes. You must wait for the next Homebrew Browser release.
March 17, 2012 01:06AM
Hi,

Could you try this new version and see if it helps? [www2.codemii.com]
You will need to rename it to boot.dol in the homebrew_browser directory.

It's a re-compiled version with the latest libraries to support new wiimotes and should fix the issue, let me know if it does?
March 17, 2012 02:03PM
HI

Thanks fore the file but on using the new file I get a message cannot initialise the network and everything stops with a message retrying to initialise network.

Any thoughts.

Thanks
March 30, 2012 09:50AM
Random user popping in to say the file worked like a charm (for me). Breaks as soon as you run the suggested update, of course. Anywho, thanks!

(...Any idea when other applications might get the same treatment?)
April 05, 2012 01:00PM

Hi,

It's a re-compiled version with the latest libraries to support new wiimotes and should fix the issue, let me know if it does?

Hey teknecal,
the new file you gave is awesome and my wii motion plus remote works, not sure what happens if i do the suggested update so yeah. Till then it works like a charm. Thanks.

Now onto figuring how to make gecko os work with the new wii remote.....
April 06, 2012 07:08PM
i have a remote problem too.

one controller will work to play nintendo and the super nintendo, but i cant get the 2nd to work to play 2 player games.

anyone know what i have to do?
May 16, 2012 05:53AM
I just tried the new file, and also received the message "retrying to initialise network"
May 16, 2012 08:19AM
I downloaded the file (hbb.wiimote.test.dol) then i copied it to the homebrew_browser folder then removed the original boot.dol for me to rename the downoladed file to boot.dol. and still my wii remote doesn't work. Do i missing something or done something wrong? Thanks for the help in advance.
May 16, 2012 08:50AM
same here after changing the name.
May 22, 2012 07:46PM
Works fine with my new black wii and motion + sensor controllers thanks!
July 20, 2012 01:48PM
Downloaded file and remote's working fine with homebrew browser, but still wont work in apps. Any apps available yet for wiimote to work on them? Thanks
July 20, 2012 02:58PM
Any apps updated in the last few months. Anything older than that will not work.
August 03, 2012 01:53AM
could someone repost the modded boot.dol please
January 15, 2013 02:13PM
teknecal
Hi,

Hey teknecal, thanks for this link. I have tried it as I am a noob and it has come back with Exceptiom {DSI} occurred!
a buch of codes

STACK DUMP:
more codes

CODE DUMP:
more codes

I can give more info if requested
January 15, 2013 02:53PM
More info can be useful as it allows the developer to see what line of code the crash occurred on. However, that does depend on teknecal seeing it, and I'm not sure how often he comes here. I think only the "stack dump" section is completely necessary, but perhaps the other sections would be useful too. If you have anyway of getting a clear image of it (taking photos can sometimes come up a bit fuzzy), that would probably be easier than typing it all out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login