Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Have they got remove copy flags working on 4.3 yet?

Posted by MASTER260 
Have they got remove copy flags working on 4.3 yet?
March 23, 2012 09:34PM
Hey, so, I wanaa use My Pokémon Ranch Hand, (it's a My Pokémon Ranch save editor,) but, naturally, in order to use it, you have to copy your save to an SD Card. Since My Pokémon Ranch saves are copy protected, you need to use Gecko OS to remove the copy flags. However, from what I've heard, that doesn't work on firmware 3.4 or greater, &, well, it didn't work for me on firmware 4.3. I really don't wanaa downgrade cuz I don't wanaa get rid of anything that came after 3.3, &, well, you know how in 4.0 they introduced the ability to actually load some of your channels from an SD Card instead of just putting them there to rot? Well, I've got LOTS of stuff there & don't wanaa hassle with putting all my stuff back on the Wii's flash storage, (which won't be able to hold everything anyways,) &, heck, 1 of those things is My Pokémon Ranch anyways.

So, have they figured out yet how to remove copy flags on newer firmware? Or do I really have to downgrade?

Thanks,
M260

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2012 09:35PM by MASTER260.
Re: Have they got remove copy flags working on 4.3 yet?
March 24, 2012 06:29PM
NEVER downgrade. Gecko OS works perfectly fine with 4.3, you just need an IOS36 with fake signing and ES_DiVerify. You can either downgrade IOS36 (this is a safe downgrade) with dop-Mii:WiiBrew Edition to the oldest version, or you can install a patched IOS36. The former won't work on newer Wiis (if your Wii is more than about 2 years old, you should be OK), and the later cannot be discussed in any more detail here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2012 06:29PM by SifJar.
March 27, 2012 03:11AM
You said a dirty word
May 07, 2012 11:06PM
SifJar
(if your Wii is more than about 2 years old, you should be OK)
Oh, how I love launch Wiis! :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login