Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiMC drive...

Posted by lynkynpark86 
WiiMC drive...
June 15, 2012 12:23AM
Is there any way to get a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) (HFS+) to work with Wii MC? I want to use WiiMC for media, but I simply can't take MS-FAT on my Mac, it's way to slow and barely works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2012 12:47AM by lynkynpark86.
Re: WiiMC drive...
June 15, 2012 10:02AM
I believe WiiMC also supports NTFS if you can do that from your Mac. AFAIK, it supports FAT32 and NTFS, don't think it supports anything else.
Re: WiiMC drive...
June 16, 2012 04:22AM
Yes, there is a way to make HFS+ formatted filesystem work with WiiMC, but it's probably not as simple as you would like. All the filesystems that are supported by wii programs use specific code to do it. For NTFS and EXT, they are all using open source libraries that were ported to work with devkitPPC and libogc. You can port some existing code like what was done for those filesystems, or you can write the code from scratch. After you get your library done and remotely stable, you can submit it to the authors of your favorite programs, such as WiiMC, and hope they include it. Even if they reject it, WiiMC is open source, so you can still make your own HFS+ version for yourself.

A quick google search turned up this which seems like a good place to start. [www.opensource.apple.com]
or [github.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 04:35AM by giantpune.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login