Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help very much needed

Posted by chris443992 
Help very much needed
August 18, 2012 06:52AM
Hey guys, I have sifted all over google and looked at many homebrew websites but not found answer to this seemingly simple problem.

I bricked my wii by trying to add a theme through homebrew and now I am using bootmii as boot2 to restore my nand. I am running 4.3u but whenever the simulation finishes and asks me to press start (reset) to continue with the real backup, it takes me back to the bootmii menu. I am still able to access the homebrew channel through priiloader.

Any help would be much appreciated, as this is not my wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2012 06:53AM by chris443992.
Re: Help very much needed
August 18, 2012 08:24AM
If you can still access the HBC then I suggest you use DOP-Mii to install the System Menu again.
August 18, 2012 09:31PM
atchually he just needs to find a theme that works and install that using mymenuify...ill post a download link for a working wii 4.3U theme...
Here Is Ur Help
August 18, 2012 09:32PM
atchually he just needs to find a theme that works and install that using mymenuify...ill post a download link for a working wii 4.3U theme...

Edit: ill upload one of mine we both have 4.3... i have a space theme,dark wii theme, and MAC OS X THEM (its not like anyother theme it atchually moves the buttons that u need to press.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2012 09:35PM by MINECRAFTER.
Here Are The Files
August 18, 2012 09:44PM
sorry no mac os x theme...it wont let me upload...

but here is the space theme (my favorite) [REMOVED]
and the dark wii theme (my 2nd favorite) [REMOVED]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 01:17PM by SifJar.
August 18, 2012 09:46PM
ACTUALLY, he should re-install the System Menu because the theme messed it up.
August 19, 2012 04:02AM
he doesnt need to but he could...he installed a bad theme (it was most likely for an older wii menu or a different country). but ya he could do what u said but also he can do this (and in my opinion its easier)...just get mymenuify and download one of the themes then use mymenuify to apply the theme and BAM his wii will be fixed.

I Personally recommend my way cause it is less complicated (but not much less but still) then using dop-mii

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 04:05AM by MINECRAFTER.
Re: Here Are The Files
August 19, 2012 01:19PM
Links to illegal files removed. If you are going to distribute themes, do it in MYM files, not CSM files. Two reasons; (i) [most important IMO] with an MYM, it doesn't matter what region/version you have, you just apply it to the right base APP. With a CSM, if it's been built with the wrong base APP, you got a guaranteed brick. (ii) CSMs contain copyrighted Nintendo code, you cannot legally distribute them.

The legal and safe way to do theming is with MYM files, which is marginally more complicated, meaning the the simplest way to fix the OP's brick is indeed to reinstall the SM with dop-Mii.
July 10, 2013 10:54PM
Hey what about a WAD Theme? Eh?
July 13, 2013 12:21AM
I believe MyMenufiy MOD has an option where you can press + or - (I forget which) to restore original theme.
August 31, 2013 01:50PM
WiiIsAwesome
Hey what about a WAD Theme? Eh?
That's even more stupid and pointless. Anyhow, this is yet another very old topic you've replied to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login