Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew channel not showing apps?

Posted by Argonaut110 
Homebrew channel not showing apps?
October 06, 2012 01:57PM
Hi, i'm relatively new to modding the Wii, but here goes.
So I installed The Homebrew channel using Letterbomb 4.3E and it worked fine. Booted the channel up, forgot to put some software on. So I install a bit of software (pics below) into the "apps" folder that came with snes9xgx (I ONLY plan to play Starfox 2, an UNRELEASED game. Look it up.) and boot up the Wii etc, go to the Homebrew channel and nothing appears. Huh? How does that work? I check again, renaming and then changing the apps folder. Nothing works! Ill show you a pic of my SD card and see if you guys can pick out anything that I've missed...my SD card is FAT format but I have yet to change it to FAT 32 as the Wii can read it and I managed to install Homebrew through that format, so I assume it's ok, unless you guys say it has to be FAT32. My Wii is PAL and is not one of the new family editions.

The SD card.

The apps folder.

Thanks,
A
Re: Homebrew channel not showing apps?
October 06, 2012 03:32PM
What's inside each of the folders within "apps"?
October 06, 2012 04:29PM
Everything that needs to be- boot.dol, icon.png and meta.xml. All the things I have placed in that folder have the required things for homebrew apps.
October 06, 2012 05:04PM
Do you have another SD card you can try? Also, try converting the SD card to FAT32 instead of FAT (you will need to copy everything off it onto your computer, format it, then copy everything back), that could make a difference.
October 07, 2012 09:27AM
I formatted it to FAT32 last night... No difference. I do have another SD card for the 3DS, but if I swapped data, would the 3DS read FAT32?

Btw I forgot to tell you I am running v1.10 IOS58 v24.32.

EDIT: It did not work. The 3DS SD card was actually a Toshiba one, but still made no difference...is there any other methods I could try, or could I use a memory stick to launch the homebrew? Help :(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 01:21PM by Argonaut110.
October 14, 2012 02:06PM
Can anybody still help me? Would it help if I *somehow* managed to remove the Homebrew channel and then to re-install it with another method? Any help is welcome!
October 14, 2012 02:29PM
The method of installation would make no difference.

Try using a USB drive if you have one about. Just put the files on the USB drive the same way as you would an SD card ("apps" folder on the root), then when in HBC, press 1 (I think it's 1, or it might be 2) and a menu should pop up and let you choose between USB and SD card. Choose USB and see if your apps show up now.
October 15, 2012 06:37PM
I did it with only the USB in and nothing. Again, why is this happening? I know that the USB is FAT and not FAT32, but it didn't do anything for the SD Card so I don't know what will work. I really want to get Homebrew working- is this something to do with my Wii model? Is there some way to identify it?
October 15, 2012 06:54PM
No Wii model has nothing to do with it. Some drives and cards are just incompatible, although the card that worked for installing should work in HBC, but that's probably not always the case. Sorry, but you must just have cards and drives that aren't compatible. :(
July 02, 2013 07:38PM
It's 1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login